04 Wrx suspension
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 Wrx suspension within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I am looking to get some new coil overs for my Wrx I am not looking to slam it. it ...

04 Wrx suspension

I am looking to get some new coil overs for my Wrx I am not looking to slam it. it needs new struts so I figured I would get an upgraded suspension but I don't now what to get any recommendations .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    What are you using it for?

Pretty much everything you'll ever need is in here. Coilovers, springs/struts, etc. :
    Suspension Supersticky: Springs, Coilovers, Swaybars, S-Techs, fitment, tech, more! - NASIOC

Thank you

I am thinking about going with the feal coil overs

Quote Originally Posted by Mazrim180 View Post
    I am thinking about going with the feal coil overs
    I had Feals on my 2005 STI. I actually loved them. They made the car handle really well, though they did drop the car pretty low. In retrospect however, I think I would have been happier had I gone with a good spring and strut combo instead, such as RCE Yellows and Koni adjustables or Tokico D-Specs. Something like that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

How low did it drop

Odi from Feal sends them pre-loaded and ready to install. No adjustment was done after I installed them (other than alignment)...It ended up being about 2 inches lower. I was about 3 to 4 inches off the ground. It was low.

My late 05 STI.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Ya that may be to low but it def looks sweet it would just plow snow thanks for the pic

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the car mainly used for? Daily commute? Weekend warrior? Auto-X?

"Upstate NY" is a broad location, but considering the winters we have up here, I would advise against coilovers; a strut/spring setup would be my recommendation.

It's a daily driver I live 45 mins south of Albany what kind of setup should I look at

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welp, I can garauntee everyone on here will recommend Koni yellow or tokico D-spec with some sort of RCE spring. There are some springs to stay away from however, refer to the link I gave you for that info. But it comes down to what you want most and/or your needs. Performance and comfort etc. don't come hand in hand. It's a pick 2 deal. Just decide what's important to you and we can give you even better recommendations.

I want performance def but not something g that is sitting on the ground I was looking at new sway bars and end links if want to redo it all and start fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Mazrim180 View Post
    I want performance def but not something g that is sitting on the ground I was looking at new sway bars and end links if want to redo it all and start fresh
    Like I mentioned before...RCE Yellows (or RCE Blacks) and Koni adjustables, or Tokico D-Specs. You'll have less than an inch of drop, stiffer springs, dampers that match well with them, and they will all play very nicely with sways and endlinks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazrim180
    It's a daily driver I live 45 mins south of Albany what kind of setup should I look at
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazrim180
    I know the area well.

If you're going with sways/endlinks, too, I would just get an OE-replacement strut and a set of springs that are designed to work with OE struts. Quite capable, reasonable cost, and would suit a daily driven vehicle well.

I like the tokico d spec but they say they need some kind of other mount to fit my car?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.