Help with E-Brake

This is a discussion on Help with E-Brake within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; today i installed new front calipers/brackets/pads/rotors and new rear pads/calipers/rotors i also bled the hole system (FP, DR, FD, RP) ...

Help with E-Brake

today i installed new front calipers/brackets/pads/rotors

and new rear pads/calipers/rotors

i also bled the hole system (FP, DR, FD, RP)

my E-brake always needed to be pulled all the way up to work... so while i was doing all this i decided to adjust the cable under the arm rest.... now it gets tighter ALOT faster when pulling it up... but the brake does not hold. i have to put alot of force into it... pull it all the way up and it still does not feel like its totaly engaged.

the shoes in the drum seemed pretty, i have never replaced shoes before... should i do that? or is there a adjustment i missed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    So it worked fine before, then you messed with it and now it doesn't work?

Put it back.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    So it worked fine before, then you messed with it and now it doesn't work?

Put it back.
    well it semi worked, before it would hold if i pulled it all the way too the top, too the point the handle was touching the top plastic..

I figured the cable had some slack so i made it tighter.. now the e-brake grabs at the same point (touching the plastic) but its ALOT harder to pull up..

i guess what im asking is there another way to adjust the e-brake? someone on another forum said there is a adjuster behind the dust shield on the back brakes. is this true for a 02?