Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vs McLaren F1

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  twinz 
#1 ·
So I pull into the service station where i usually get my gas, and I cant believe my eyes when - holy crap! Is that a McLaren F1??!?!
Yeah so I didnt really race him - but I got a pic or two ;-)

#6 ·
I figured youd like that sticker placement jim ;-)

Oh and incedentally, I found out that the car belongs to Wyclef Jean (did i spell that right?). I dont really listen to much rap - but I guess most of you will know who he is.

speed safely,
Joe

#12 ·
WTF! :eek:

I thought those weren't street legal here in the US????

#15 ·
you were in the presence of greatness....you couldnt get any closer to click off a few pics of the interior and v12 under the rear hatch?

was he at the station just to fill up or something or is the car going to be there a while. i live right by newark, where is this thing at....i sence a road trip coming.:cool:

#17 ·
OK, Yes it was being worked on at the service station. And no, the guy's not stupid for bringing it there. You do see the "slant-nose" 911 there right? And maybe the RR in the back? Theres also a local guy with a 360 Modena Spyder that comes in there all the time. The owner/head technician is this european (speaks with a french accent, but i think he actually lived in England), who knows it all about sports cars. And yes he was working on while i was taking pictures, which is why i didnt get up close. From being a technician, I know how annoying it is to have customers looking over your shoulder, much less taking pictures...

Next time i see the 360 Ill snap some shots and post em.

Speed safely,

Joe
merlin916@aol.com

#19 ·
One day in my Firebird, a few years back, I was coming home from my lady's house, just as I exited 280N down through Woodside hills and I seen this silver sports car coming up fast from behind. Didn't know what it was. Then he passed me. No plates. And then I said OH S*it. It was a Mclaren F1. The reason why I know is because the badge on the back was the same one from the video game I had. So I tried to speed up to get a better look from the side. And as I sped up, he sped up. I got up to about 80mph on Woodside road, which is a 35mph speed limit, and I got about 50 feet from the bumper, and then finally he straight took off. And then turned right towards Atherton, one of the most prestigious and wealthy areas to live in the US, let alone the Bay Area. It was probably Larry Elison, CEO of Oracle, since he lives in Atherton. And yes I know, there is VERY few McLarens to ever be shipped to the US. Probably like under a total of 5. That's the reason he probably didn't have plates. He probably shipped it here illegaly. But this is what I saw. And yes, I almost soiled my drawers as well.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL

#20 ·
Joe,
Awesome pics. It was also really neat to be in the WRX with you when you were driving...thanks for the awesome time. Good to hear you ripped that viper a new one :)
-Josh

#21 ·
Verdugo said:
WTF! :eek:

I thought those weren't street legal here in the US????
It is legal in the states. I've seen a silver down here in Houston a few years back. I'm sure you've all seen it in magazines...the one with the "MCLARN" Texas license plate. The guy that owns it also owns the yellow Ferrari F-50 that was in all the car magazines when it first came out. Lucky Bastard.

#22 ·
WRXin' said:

It is legal in the states. I've seen a silver down here in Houston a few years back. I'm sure you've all seen it in magazines...the one with the "MCLARN" Texas license plate. The guy that owns it also owns the yellow Ferrari F-50 that was in all the car magazines when it first came out. Lucky Bastard.
Wow well...time to start saving up for me! LOL :D

#25 ·
WRXin' said:

:D:D ROFLMA :D:D...I 'm reading this in the morning Verdugo, and it cracked me up. Not that I DOUBT you can "save up," but it's still funny:D
LOL don't even get me started on the garage I want eventually...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.