Subaru WRX Forum banner

STI vs. Camaro SS (video)

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Dan00Hawk 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Pretty quiet exhaust on the LS1, and the driver apparently was only capable of chirping his tires on one of the shifts. Also seemed to take forever for the LS1 to wind out 1st gear, which is odd considering it has 4.10's... Also, based on the time frame on the video, the STi took off at about the 2.5 second mark in the video, and the Camaro hit the brakes at 14 seconds. 14-2.5 = 11.5 seconds, or about 1-1.5 seconds earlier than what those cars would have crossed the 1/4 mile mark at (assuming 12.5-13.0 for both cars, based on their mods). It's also impossible to tell from the video if both cars left at the same time or if one got a slight jump.

Regardless, though, the STi won that particular race. It wouldn't shock me to see a closer or different result if the two cars raced a few more times. :)

And the STi tranny is considerably stronger than the WRX's. :cool:

#14 ·
WiCkeDrEx said:
Was the Sti and SS stock? That Sti was insane! I thought I heard it chirp on 2rd, or maybe it was the SS?
Mods for both are listed in the 1st post... :)

#17 ·
Nico said:
Was that a 5500rpm clutch drop?? Hope that guy saved some money for a new tranny if he keeps that up.
WRX's and STi's are launching near redline at Pro Solos.

Sounds cooler when you're blipping it at that RPM instead of holding it.

#20 ·
Dan00Hawk said:
Pretty quiet exhaust on the LS1, and the driver apparently was only capable of chirping his tires on one of the shifts. Also seemed to take forever for the LS1 to wind out 1st gear, which is odd considering it has 4.10's... Also, based on the time frame on the video, the STi took off at about the 2.5 second mark in the video, and the Camaro hit the brakes at 14 seconds. 14-2.5 = 11.5 seconds, or about 1-1.5 seconds earlier than what those cars would have crossed the 1/4 mile mark at (assuming 12.5-13.0 for both cars, based on their mods). It's also impossible to tell from the video if both cars left at the same time or if one got a slight jump.

Regardless, though, the STi won that particular race. It wouldn't shock me to see a closer or different result if the two cars raced a few more times. :)

And the STi tranny is considerably stronger than the WRX's. :cool:
:rotfl: That is just about the dumbest post I have ever read LOL

#21 ·
MrSwede said:
:rotfl: That is just about the dumbest post I have ever read LOL
Care to explain why? What did I post that wasn't accurate according to an analysis of the video? :confused: :screwy:

Try to make a valid point instead of an insult, and I'll gladly reconsider my opinion if I'm wrong. Otherwise, you're just coming across as a disrespectful turd, which might just be about the most flattering thing anyone will ever say about you! :D :tongue: Cheers! :thumbup:

#23 ·
Dan00Hawk said:
Care to explain why? What did I post that wasn't accurate according to an analysis of the video? :confused: :screwy:

Try to make a valid point instead of an insult, and I'll gladly reconsider my opinion if I'm wrong. Otherwise, you're just coming across as a disrespectful turd, which might just be about the most flattering thing anyone will ever say about you! :D :tongue: Cheers! :thumbup:
LOL I knew I would get this kind of reaction from you, which was one of the reasons I wrote it.:p

I hate to have to explain it to you, but the "calculation" was totally pointless. The point of the video is clear...the STi spanked him. Racing is, and will forever be, more than the theoretical or actual potential of a given automobile. I'll give you an illustration that might help. In the 2000 USGP Hakkinen's car was gaining on Shumacher as they were fighting for the title. Given the amount of time he was gaining per lap, coupled with the laps left in the race, he would likely have passed before the finish. However, Hakkinen's car broke down before he was able to catch up. I am sure that Ron Dennis could have said: "It wouldn't shock me to see a closer or different result if the two cars raced a few more times." However, that comment would have been pointless, which I am sure Mr. Dennis also knows. The same illustration can be applied to driver error, changing weather conditions etc.

I truly appreciate the kindness you showed by taking the time to respond to my silly reply. I do hope you have a great day.

#25 ·
All in good fun

Thanks for your explanation, Mr Swede! Bork Bork Bork! :D I'll retract my previous statement and instead compliment you on your hat, eyebrows, and mustache. :tongue: ;)

Even if you found my analysis pointless, I still acknowledged that "Regardless, though, the STi won that particular race" and will agree that it's all about who takes the checkered flag and goes home with the prom queen at the end of the night. :D . A more casual observer than yourself might expect to go out and produce the same results on a consistent basis with his/her STi against a bolt on LS1, and as an LS1 enthusiast (gasp!) I felt compelled to state my opinion that a few minor variables (running a full 1/4 mile, reaction time) would certainly play a factor in a rematch. Sometimes I just can't limit myself to a simple reply such as "werd, that car got own3d straight diggity" but I'll take it into consideration in order to make less dumb posts in the future. ;)

Now, I am off to have my great day and hope you do the same. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.