Subaru WRX Forum banner

2010 Subaru Wrx VS 2009 mitsubishi eclipse V6

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SDub 
#1 ·
Last night both my room mate and I put our two cars to the test.

The stats and mods of the two cars are:

Eclipse- cold air intake (not properly tuned for the intake)

Wrx- Stock

Both- good set of summer tires, nothing special

Overall my Wrx pulled ahead at every speed, though the most trouble was doing a 2nd pull from 30km.

From a full stop I felt like my WRX turbo spooled up quickly and by 3rd gear (90-100km) the wrx would reel in my buddies Eclipse V6.

The question I have for the club is what could my buddy do. I told him a proper tune with the intake would solve his problem, is that correct.

Also after a cold air intake, a turbo back exhaust and a proper tune what is my best option for performance. I will be upgrading the sway bars and possibly the shocks but what can I do for performance that wont stress my engine.

Thanks Guys,

Donavan
*first post*

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't understand tour buddies problem. Is it that you undoubtedly smoked him in every possible aspect ever? Cause that's a common problem for other car owners stock vs stock wrx. Haha.

The v6 eclipse is na. If his problem is speed, there isn't much he can do aside from tuning (only 15hp max) or dropping in a turbo or a supercharger.

Sent from my Fone

#3 ·
I just re read your post, welcome. Forst post.
Alot of information can be found on here. As I've been a scoobie owner for almost a year, I am in love.
Tell your mitsu buddy to go get himself a real car, grab an evo and not a girls car.

Sent from my Fone

#7 ·
Your car should not have an intake on it without ECU calibration to go with it.

I'm not familiar enough with the ECU of the Eclipse to be able to answer that properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.