Subaru WRX Forum banner

My thoughts on Stage 2 with COBB intake

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  spoolinjon 
#1 ·
I have been running stage 2 with an invidia catless DP and SPT catback on a TP stage 2 map for a few months and definetly had great results.
Yesterday i bought a cobb intake and airbox for the low price of $165 (used of course) and slapped it on, switched maps, datalogged, and had Eric tweak the map for me and i felt nothing on the butt dyno.

Yes i know all the stock box users will chime in saying i told you so and blah blah, just save it please. For the price i paid i saw no reason to not give it a shot.

I live in TX and it has been mid 90's the past week. I am seeing about 114 degree intake temps at wot going about 70+ MPH (this is mid day, at night i would expect them to be in the high 90's). There was not really any changes in that department between the 2 intakes.

Turbo spool sound is pretty loud but i dont care wheather its there or not.

I am not complaining here or saying 1 intake is better than another, i am just sharing my personal experience.

#2 ·
Yea the intake has minimal gains at your power, but they do sound good. I want one myself, but I need to get the TBE before the intake. I'm dying to go to stage 2.

How does stage 1 vs stage 2 vs stock feel? Do you like the SPT exhaust? How's the sound? Does it drone? Hatch or sedan?

Those are the thoughts I want to know ;)

#3 ·
I skipped stage 1 so cant answer that one.

I have a sedan and the spt does drone. It sounds pretty good but imo its not worth the price unless u can get it for sub 400. At the end of the day its still a 2.5 inch cat back and i could see it being a restriction later down the road if you are seeking bigger numbers.

It came on my car and i plan on replacing it with an invidia n1 race sometime i just dont see any point in spending money now for no gains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.