Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 WRX Turbo Oil Outlet Tube leak

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bennychan723 
#1 · (Edited)
My shiny new 2013 WRX Base 5-Door went in for its first oil change at about 1,100 miles, and to my surprise the dealer found an oil leak coming from the Turbo Oil Outlet Tube (part #4 on the attached illustration). It's a slow leak, but still needs to be addressed. What surprised me is that this part was not in stock, leading me to believe that this sort of leak is pretty rare. The part is coming in and will be installed this week.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else encountered this problem?

White Text Line art Auto part Design

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
I would assume that would be rare I have no leaks on my 13, I did however have to harass the living sh*t out of my service manager to change my oil at 1k they swear by their 3k for first oil

#3 ·
Yeah, I did get a funny look from them about the mileage, but it was my $75, not theirs. From now on I'll go in at 3,500 mile intervals, most likely. They had to remove the turbocharger to install this part, it must have been ugly. Works fine now, though!

Chris

#7 ·
I would assume it's uncommon on a new car.. but that is one of (if not the) most common area for oil leaks on older modified cars.

Replace the tube, be extra careful with the install, clean the area well, then inspect it in a week.. problem should be solved. (dealership should do it under warranty no problem)

#8 ·
It doubt it's coming from the actual tube itself and maybe a gasket or the drain tube. It's a gravity drain. The gasket is $5. Even if it was the tube I would just JB weld it and not buy new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.