Subaru WRX Forum banner

[video] How to turn seat belt chime off.

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  PBallen 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I was considering doing this back when I first had gotten the car. But after not doing it, and realizing how many of my friends hop in my car and don't buckle up, whether its them forgetting, or them just not caring, doesn't matter to me, I don't allow people to ride in my car without a seatbelt, so this chime helps me because rather then looking over at them I can just listen for the chime. (May not be a problem for you more grown up people because you might not have people in your cars as much, but I'm still 17 and running around all day haha)

#9 ·
Haha, good for you!

For me, I guess I probably don't have as many people in my car as you younguns do, or the people I do have are used to using their seatbelt, but when I took my fiance's 19 year old brother for a spin the chiming provided a great way for me to get him to put his belt on without sounding like an authoritative "old guy".

Boring Old Soon-to-be Brother-in-Law: "Oh damn, these cars are notorious for their seatbelt chime, it's just gonna keep going until you put a belt on..."

Cool Young Kid: "That is annoying. I shall ignore my teenage inclination to disregard safety and utilize the belt appropriately."

Boring Old Soon-to-be Brother-in-Law: (Inside his head) Yesssss...no extra dork points for me!

Win.

#10 ·
This is excellent, I make everyone wear a seatbelt when riding but sometimes when I throw something heavy on the passenger seat it it goes off and it's very annoying. Thanks for the post!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.