Subaru WRX Forum banner

Running new door speakers wires 2011 wrx

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hamz01 
#1 ·
Has anyone ran new wiring through the boors on the 08-011 WRX? If so are there any tutorials on how to do this? Or, should i jus use the stock wiring through the doors? I am running an ALpine 4.100 PDX amp for the front and rear stage.

#6 ·
No one has done this yet?
I am about to do this on my 2011. Gonna run 16 gauge from the amps under my seats to the front doors. I use factory wiring for the rear speakers which are stock and running on head unit power.

IS 18 gauge acceptable for 100 watts? I want to use the Metra Quick wiring kit, will it work with 18 gauge?
Assuming you have a 4ohm load per channel, 18 gauge wire should be fine up to 20 feet for 100 watts.

#9 ·
Don't know what gauge stock wiring is, or the length to the speakers, but it looks really small, maybe around 20 gauge.

15 feet of 20 gauge wiring into 4 ohms can handle up to 50 watts I would say. Good enough for head unit power, but if you run an external amp I would definitely recommend running your own wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.