Subaru WRX Forum banner

Wrx STI vs 350z

3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  evothis 
#1 ·
Im planning to buy one or the other as my first carcuz i have some money in my pocket, and i wanted to know which is overall better:
1. insurance (very important :eek3: )
2. performance (need a fast car :wiggles: )
3. how easily modded (not to hard to find :p )
4. looks (still need to pick up girls :)
5. everyday driver (gotta have a job ;) )
i know kind of picky but its ok. (i know this is a wrx forum so dont give me bull just because uyou only like wrx's)

~peace thee~

#2 ·
Thee said:
Im planning to buy one or the other as my first carcuz i have some money in my pocket, and i wanted to know which is overall better:
i know kind of picky but its ok. (i know this is a wrx forum so dont give me bull just because uyou only like wrx's)

~peace thee~

1. Its close
2. STi
3. STi
4. 350z
5. STi (especially in Philly snow)

#3 ·
um i loved the z when it came out it sounds great handles great looks great.....but i never ever felt like i was going real fast....it has no pull when compared to the sti...which looks amazing, sounds great....and so on and so on.......and for the same price the sti is more of an every day kinda car.......4 doors way and bigger trunk.......and awd for the wet and winter....

my buddy has a z and the fist time he saw my sti he fell in love...i think i made him jealous....plus when i went to mach v and saw 2 tt 350z's and 1 tt g35 sport coupe i asked while they were all there and they had blown engines.......i rather have and mod a car thats engine is made for the turbo

350z's are great so either way you win

#6 ·
Black XT said:
1. Its close
2. STi
3. STi
4. 350z
5. STi (especially in Philly snow)

yup.

The STi is much more practical and has a lot more power to give. The one thing the 350Z holds over it is the overall "sports car feel" and the looks of course. Either way you get a winner. If I had a second car I would get the Z. If all I had was one car, probably the STi.

Go test drive each. That should help the decision making process.

#7 ·
I looked at a lot of cars before i got my STi and I can honestly say i'm glad i got the STi and i'm sure i'll love the awd even more when it starts to snow. I was just thinking this afternoon now much i love my car :wiggles: haha wow i'm a tool

#8 ·
Get the STi over the 350Z. I looked at both before I got my STi and it was no contest. The STi is better in every way. Plus the 350Z is the official Cheezeball Dude car currently on the market.

#9 ·
Slick:6:STi said:
Get the STi over the 350Z. I looked at both before I got my STi and it was no contest. The STi is better in every way. Plus the 350Z is the official Cheezeball Dude car currently on the market.
Man, you hit the nail on the head.
The 350z has the worst reputation around. The general consensus in the automotive community is most 350z owners are tools.

I personally think its a "pretty boy" car.

I wouldn't even think twice. STi all the way.

The list of guys that have traded in their 350z for STi's is pretty long. Thats should tell you something right there.

#10 ·
SGOSWRX said:
Man, you hit the nail on the head.
The 350z has the worst reputation around. The general consensus in the automotive community is most 350z owners are tools.

I personally think its a "pretty boy" car.

I wouldn't even think twice. STi all the way.

The list of guys that have traded in their 350z for STi's is pretty long. Thats should tell you something right there.
This is coming from 2 V8 guys. The Sti is definately the better buy. And believe it or not, if you really do care about what chicks think, they like the STi too, especially after you give them a ride in it. :cool:

#16 ·
Thee said:

~peace thee~
1) About the same.
2) STI
3) Both are easy to mod.
4) Both are nice... but I love how the STI comes stock. 350Z looks hot after some mods, stock looks kinda plain... not to mention there are so many Zs out there.
5) Z probably has a more comfortable ride with a nicer interior... depends on how long you are commuting. But then I again I don't mind driving my STI everyday...

#17 ·
Not sure if either of these are going to be your best bet as a first car. Both are extremely powerful and need to be treated as such. And if insuranceis a concern, you're going to get burned in either ride (I'm assuming your still in your teens). I know you;ve got your mind set on these two cars and nobodies going to convinvce you otherwise but please be careful and try not to race everything you see out there. Good luck.

#18 ·
It really comes down to what you want? I have owned both cars. i would take the STi over the 350z. But everyone has there own preference. The Z was a pig out of the whole. The STi was great from the whole. Stock they are real close up top.

#23 ·
350z with a tt kit can put down 450whp. That's fast. Now if you could make it so the engine wouldn't blow...

but they handle great from what I hear...

#24 ·
YZFWV said:
350z with a tt kit can put down 450whp. That's fast. Now if you could make it so the engine wouldn't blow...

but they handle great from what I hear...
For less money with the STi you can get the 500 awhp kit with the GT35R and the STi will handle better for less money as well.

#25 ·
Slick:6:STi said:
For less money with the STi you can get the 500 awhp kit with the GT35R and the STi will handle better for less money as well.

there was a project z in sport compact that they fixed up and they said the handling was on par with a porche's..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.