Subaru WRX Forum banner

Noise inside the cabin

919 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  uncle lewie wrx 
#1 ·
Im getting some odd noise from inside. It doesnt like squeaking or scratching or anything bad (i hope not). It basically sounds like static or something rubbing together. It really only is there after I accelerate and hit target speed. When I decelarate the noise goes away. I dont think its an up-pipe leak. Could it be something plastic under the dash vibrating making the noise?
Tommorow I am bringing it to the Stealership, to have them take a listen.
If that fails, I am going to Precision on Weds (to have a bunch of stuff installed) an I bet Rich could fix it, but until then, any ideas??
Uncle Lewie

#2 ·
I figured it out. It was an A.C. line that was leaning on my downpipe, the plastic clip on the A.C. line was melting :eek3: (very slowly) an this was causing the noise inside the cabin since, my guess is the A.C. line is hollowed out and runs close inside near the dash. It is humid and hot as hell here in NJ so im guessing with my Down Pipe (which is hot) and the humiditiy it caused this noise.
Not a bad idea for some of you guys to check this out just in case you have a line resting on anything.
Uncle Lewie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.