Subaru WRX Forum banner

Service Manual excerpt: Periodic Maintenance

39K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Tenament 
#1 · (Edited)
A lot of times you'll hear things like "15k mile service is just an oil change and air filter change". Yeah, that's part of it, but there are also inspections that should be done as well.

If you're going to do your own periodic maintenance, here's how to do it right:

Periodic Maintenance PDF

Chris

#4 ·
i would also ask your dealer for a "regional suggested maintenance schedule" i know most New England Dealers suggest other items to check and grease and maintain due to the climate. i would imagine the southern people would have something similar due to the dry/humid hotter climate.

dR

#5 · (Edited)
Better spark plug change instructions.

The instructions in the periodic maintenance section are for both the WRX and RS and kinda suck for the WRX. Here are the instructions from the DOHC (WRX) engine section:

http://home.comcast.net/~chmoore3/plugs.pdf

Be a bit careful about "regional maintenance schedule". My dealer keeps sending me emails trying to get me to do all sorts of BS and calling it "scheduled maintenance". I do do just about everything in the "expanded schedule" though. They have it broken into several driving conditions, and I just assume that mine is totally extreme conditions.

#7 ·
dude, you rock for posting that info

i'm sure tons of people have printed that pdf file already

btw, do you take request? ;)

#9 ·
GV27 said:
The instructions in the periodic maintenance section are for both the WRX and RS and kinda suck for the WRX. Here are the instructions from the DOHC (WRX) engine section:

http://home.attbi.com/~chmoore3/plugs.pdf

Be a bit careful about "regional maintenance schedule". My dealer keeps sending me emails trying to get me to do all sorts of BS and calling it "scheduled maintenance". I do do just about everything in the "expanded schedule" though. They have it broken into several driving conditions, and I just assume that mine is totally extreme conditions.
that link no workie for me

#16 ·
Anyone have the periodic maintenance schedule for an STi? I'm looking for the brake pad/rotor inspection stuff specific to the Brembos. Also, what does "worn" look like when inspecting a rotor. I know what, "totally f-ed" looks like, but just wondering when a rotor is old and needs to go.

~Tim

#17 ·
"Anyone have the periodic maintenance schedule for an STi? I'm looking for the brake pad/rotor inspection stuff specific to the Brembos. Also, what does "worn" look like when inspecting a rotor. I know what, "totally f-ed" looks like, but just wondering when a rotor is old and needs to go.

~Tim"

Bump in hopes someone can provide :D

#18 ·
usually you can resurface a rotor ONCE given theres no ripples or major grooves. Putting just new pads onto a rotor that hasn't been resurfaced with significant grooving will worsen the rotor for obvious reasons...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.