lower gear ratios? pros and cons?

This is a discussion on lower gear ratios? pros and cons? within the STi Transmission/Drivetrain forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; pretty soon I'm gonna have to have my 6 speed rebuilt. car dynoed at 560 awhp and tranny dosent like ...

lower gear ratios? pros and cons?

pretty soon I'm gonna have to have my 6 speed rebuilt. car dynoed at 560 awhp and tranny dosent like it. was curious about lowering the gear ratios to reduce stress on the transmission. 1. where can i find gear sets with the lower ratio. 2. is it worth switching or should i stay with stock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The stress will be there if they are short or long...shortening the gears will require you to have even faster response when it comes to driving and shifting and with 560 AWHP...thats the last thing you want is to make your gears shorter. Focus on getting stronger gears, like the PPGs for example but they are pricey.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS