06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!! within the STi Transmission/Drivetrain forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; Thanks to EvilSTi for bringing this to our attention. Apparantly Subura, in their pursuit to make the STi more "civil" ...

I Support ClubWRX

06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!!

Thanks to EvilSTi for bringing this to our attention.

Apparantly Subura, in their pursuit to make the STi more "civil" to the general populous has replaced the metal motor mounts that come on the 04/05 STi's with one-piece, liquid filled items. There are already documented cases of folks snapping 1, 2, and 3 at once on a solid launch.
    So, if you intend on some heavy duty launches in an 06 STi, be prepared for possible motor mount replacement.
    Personally, I would just replace them now rather than worry about it everytime I got aggressive on the launch.

Here are some good alternatives (note..you have to buy the mounting plates along with the motor mount as the 06 mounts are one piece...plate and mount are all one unit:
    STi Group N mounts and pitch mounts:
    http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng.htm
    http://www.fastwrx.com/stienmoset.html
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...h/21_25_29_113

And here are the cusco engine mounts (same link as above). These are basically race ready mounts, which transmit a lot more noise and vibration into the cockpit.
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...h/21_25_29_113

There are other locations that sell these, but I figured these would probably be the most a few of the most traveled sites. I am not suggesting you buy from these sites. These are merely the first ones that appeared when I googled "sti motor moutns". If any vendors on this site read this and want me to place a link to their mounts above, please PM me and I'll do so.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Seth at Grayson Subura checked the parts number for 05 and 06 STi motor mounts. Oddly enough, they are supposedly the same part numbers. I think this might be incorrect information but as I get more, I'll post it up here.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

it happened to some guy down here in az, he took it to the dealership and they just replaced them with the 05 sti parts
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Seth at Grayson Subura checked the parts number for 05 and 06 STi motor mounts. Oddly enough, they are supposedly the same part numbers. I think this might be incorrect information but as I get more, I'll post it up here.
    It wouldn't be the first time Subaru changed the design but kept the same part number.

Am I correct in thinking that those are covered under warranty or does it depend on the circumstances of the "breaking"??
    06 STI
    Bone shakin stock

yep

actually, i described the 'breakage' to the dealer and what i did to make it happen. they said it was covered under warranty. they even went the extra step and agreed to replace all of my mounts with the Group N mounts, which I will supply.

I Support ClubWRX
    Let us know who those work out please. I'm curious as to the difference in noise level and how much it lessens the motor rockover during acceleration.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Just broke the left one on my '06. Seems like a design flaw if you ask me... How Subaru didn't catch this during the testing phase is beyond me.

wow that really sucks,, wtf? Subaru
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by WI_STI
    Am I correct in thinking that those are covered under warranty or does it depend on the circumstances of the "breaking"??
    When they ask you how you broke them, remember these words: "I do not recall, Senator!"
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Actually, my local dealer told me they wouldn't warrantee them, that my warantee only covers "manufacturer defects" ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt
    Actually, my local dealer told me they wouldn't warrantee them, that my warantee only covers "manufacturer defects" ...
    I hope you are joking. You are fighting this of course? I'd be ripping a new one if they tried it with me...after carefull, polite, documented inquiries as to their justification. It's bumper to bumper for a new car, not just manufacturers defects. Same old crap it sounds like. Also, have you tried another dealer just to verify?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Well, I would fight it but I don't want the stock engine mounts reinstalled. I've already ordered the Group-N mounts from gruppe-s for $95, which I'm convinced is less than the dealership would have charged me for the crap plastic ones that would just break again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh....they warrentied the broke mount, but the warranty only covered replacement with the same platic POS right? Ok..that is better news. Will they at least install them for you?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast