06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!! within the STi Transmission/Drivetrain forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; yeah they are replacing them no questions asked i'm not sure what ones they are putting into it i'd assume ...

yeah they are replacing them no questions asked i'm not sure what ones they are putting into it i'd assume they are swapping them all out cause I am pretty sure i only broke 1 but they said they ordered my new "mounts" when i talked to them today. at least i hope i only broke 1... i drove 300 miles with it broken because they said i had to have it fixed by a dealership.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    yeah they are replacing them no questions asked i'm not sure what ones they are putting into it i'd assume they are swapping them all out cause I am pretty sure i only broke 1 but they said they ordered my new "mounts" when i talked to them today. at least i hope i only broke 1... i drove 300 miles with it broken because they said i had to have it fixed by a dealership.
    Better make sure they are putting on the 05/04 mounts, otherwise they will just break again.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

If they put the ****ty ones back in i'll just buy some group-n's for it. I snapped it at the track so since they replaced them without asking i'm not goign to be too demanding cause everyone i've heard of so far breaking was from launching them, which makes it nice that they covered it without asking. i'm goign to ask which ones they put in when i pick it up.

<=====my old baby

I just picked up my 06STi on Saturday. Noticed lots of shifter movement and strange pulling under acceleration. I just ordered Cusco mounts from www.napsusa.com for $300 shipped. I never should have sold these mounts when I got rid of my WRX 2 yrs ago. Even if one isn't broke(I don't put it past dealer that the 21 miles on car was not clutched dumped atleast one good time.) Knowing I have really good mounts on the way cannot ease my curiosity of knowing whether I have plastic or 05 mounts. And I said I wasn't gonna do anything to this thing mod wise.

Oh, check out that website. They are a US distributor of CuscoUSA parts. Nearly every Cusco part made for quite a few cars. Mentioned I may need to trim a bit to have these work on 06STi. Said a couple guys had an issue on 06STi. Said some didn't have problems. I'll find out. The modding begins.
    still stock

05 mounts on my 06

Just verified my 06STi has the metal mounts already on it. Man, there is a lot of slop there. Soon to be taken care of.

Pic of 06 w/05 mounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0178.jpg  
    still stock

06 STi motor mounts.

hello, i bought my sti around july. im wondering if i still have the plastic motor mounts or if they have changed it. also, how can you tell if you have the plastic ones. thanks

chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Chris,
    There are pics in this thread of what to look for. Please reveiw the ENTIRE thread.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

i just bought an 06 sti with 9300 miles on it... i noticed to has a klunking when i depress the clutch, do you think it is a motor mount?
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

I Support ClubWRX
    Hard to say with that little bit of information. Just when you depress the clutch? How about if you take off aggressively? Does it do it every time you push in the clutch or only when you are shifting up?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Hard to say with that little bit of information. Just when you depress the clutch? How about if you take off aggressively? Does it do it every time you push in the clutch or only when you are shifting up?
    it happens anytime the car is spooling... the higher the rpm the bigger the klunk
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10

Question plastic engine mounts on WRX as well, or only STI?

To bring back an older topic... Do these plsatic things appear only on STIs, or also on WRX? I'm looking at a 2006 WRX Limited, as I missed the boat on the STI Limited for 2007. This thing has about 100 miles on it, and the sales guy's first response when I asked was that it didn't matter because they're only for decoration or something. He also says the WRX and the STI are exactly the same car other than the bigger engine and spoiler on the STI. So I of course don't trust anything the guy says anymore and would like to hear from people who know better. I nagged him into checking with the mechanic who supposedly said this car has metal mounts, but I don't know if I believe him.

Main reason I'm looking at this car is that it's one of the feww Automatic WRXes out there, and I can't find anyone to spend much time learning a manual just now. I've got 3 people offering but they aren't around when I am. There's a handful of 2007 WRX Limiteds out there which are all manuals, which I would like to be able to consider in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by amigabill View Post
    To bring back an older topic... Do these plsatic things appear only on STIs, or also on WRX? I'm looking at a 2006 WRX Limited, as I missed the boat on the STI Limited for 2007. This thing has about 100 miles on it, and the sales guy's first response when I asked was that it didn't matter because they're only for decoration or something. He also says the WRX and the STI are exactly the same car other than the bigger engine and spoiler on the STI. So I of course don't trust anything the guy says anymore and would like to hear from people who know better. I nagged him into checking with the mechanic who supposedly said this car has metal mounts, but I don't know if I believe him.

Main reason I'm looking at this car is that it's one of the feww Automatic WRXes out there, and I can't find anyone to spend much time learning a manual just now. I've got 3 people offering but they aren't around when I am. There's a handful of 2007 WRX Limiteds out there which are all manuals, which I would like to be able to consider in a few weeks.
    I am 99.99999999999% sure it is sti only.

<=====my old baby

tell the salesman you wanna take a test drive in a wrx, and teach your self to drive stick...
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10

I Support ClubWRX

they are not the same. Totally different suspension and drivetrain to say the least.

Since you are looking at an automatic, unless you plan on doing any newtral drops, you don't have to worry what type of motor mount is present, as the god-awful slow stock automatics don't put enough torque on the motor from a dig or when shifting to matter.

Otherwise, I believe the liquid filled plastic mounts are STi specific only.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    they are not the same. Totally different suspension and drivetrain to say the least.

Since you are looking at an automatic, unless you plan on doing any newtral drops, you don't have to worry what type of motor mount is present, as the god-awful slow stock automatics don't put enough torque on the motor from a dig or when shifting to matter.

Otherwise, I believe the liquid filled plastic mounts are STi specific only.
    Are you sure? I just noticed that when I let off of the throttle, I hear a clunking sound directly under the e-brake handle with some vibrations. I had my megan racing catback installed two weeks ago, and I guess it could be loose, but maybe; just maybe; my WRX has some plastic mounts. I did not notice it until two days ago, and I am getting worried. I have an appointment at 4 tomorrow to have my tires rotated, so I am going to have them check it out. I hope it is just my dp/mp connection that is loose or rubbing, cuz that would be a simple fix.

Did I describe this problem correctly or no?
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast