Turbo Timer for an STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer for an STi within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought a Blitz FATT-X turbo timer for my STi. I read somewhere though that the turbo in the STi ...

Turbo Timer for an STi

Just bought a Blitz FATT-X turbo timer for my STi. I read somewhere though that the turbo in the STi is water cooled and thus the timer is unnecessary. Is this true? should i just sell this thing?

Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, it is true. The water cooling continues in a natural circulation mode, due to the buoyancy of hot water, long after the engine has been shut off. If you push it hard, just take a couple of cool down laps before shutting it off, and you will be fine.

thanx for the quick reply. and i must say . . . is there anything this STi doesn't do right? It amazes me every day.

Originally posted by STIdrmz
    . . . is there anything this STi doesn't do right? It amazes me every day.
    the brakes squel while backing up but that is the only thing that really bothers me about this car. other than that, it's amazes me too
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti

STI doesn't play music. Sucks until I can afford a system. Be careful about the tt when you go get warranty work done. Someone said that it voids warranty.

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    STI doesn't play music.
    Fixed for '05
    99 vtec - retired
    94 DC2 LS/Vtec
    05 STI - Worx - Cusco - Tanabe - PWR - Perrin - Crucial - more to come.

It still has too much front camber and mismatched struts/springs(may have been fixed for 05)
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    It still has too much front camber and mismatched struts/springs(may have been fixed for 05)
    I dont think so. Did my first autox on Sunday and didnt think the car handled all that well. My best time on the course was around 82.271 the best STI of the day was an 80.295 the best time of the day period I believe was around 68.52 So the STI is around 14 seconds slower, and he was a driving a stock ZO6 and is of course a National Champ.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you hear something about the 05 springs/struts? Did they finally come stock with Pinks? Not wanting to start a rumour here, just trying to verify.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Dunno if they're available yet, but at SEMA 2004 in AC, i got an brocure from the SPT booth on the new STi suspension parts that were suposedly available as of June from dealers. The brocure has the following parts in it:

STi Performance suspension kit
    - struts, sway bars, control arms and one other part
    STi Lowering springs
    Both STi Lateral link sets
    STi Trailing link set
    STi Lower arm bar
    STi Strut top mounts

all of these will be on my car as soon as i can get my hands on them!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/625405

Originally posted by whoopwhoop
    I dont think so. Did my first autox on Sunday and didnt think the car handled all that well. My best time on the course was around 82.271 the best STI of the day was an 80.295 the best time of the day period I believe was around 68.52 So the STI is around 14 seconds slower, and he was a driving a stock ZO6 and is of course a National Champ.
    Are you or the other sti driver a national champ? If not then those results dont really mean anything. Im in a region with the top z06 drivers in the country if they were running 68s well driven stis should be well into the 75s at least.

YB no I didnt here anything about comming with different springs, just the opposite actually I heard they were revalving the struts hopefully to match the stock springs better.
    Alex

I Support ClubWRX

YB no I didnt here anything about comming with different springs, just the opposite actually I heard they were revalving the struts hopefully to match the stock springs better.
    Hmmm. I hadn't heard that. What are stock spring rates? I read somewhere that they are 244/151 F/R, but have not been able to verify. With the Pinks at 200/185 I would assume a more neutral stance. Just assumed from my wheel feedback that the stock struts/springs weren't very well matched.

I wonder why they would revalve the shocks rather than change the springs. Bet it's the ride height change you get with the pinks. Probably their carrier ramps aren't low enough to accomodate them.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    Hmmm. I hadn't heard that. What are stock spring rates? I read somewhere that they are 244/151 F/R, but have not been able to verify. With the Pinks at 200/185 I would assume a more neutral stance. Just assumed from my wheel feedback that the stock struts/springs weren't very well matched.
    Those rates are backwards of everything Ive seen.

According to the spring rate chart at ravensblade-impreza.com the 04 pinks are 257/214 and the stockers are 200/130-200(unconfirmed)
    If the pinks were the rates you listed I cant imagine them improving the car in anyway, it would roll more, dive more, transition worse.
    Alex

I Support ClubWRX
    Wasn't paying attention to the numbers I grabbed. They appear to be stock springs as far as I can tell. I have not verified any of the numbers, but the Aftermarket STi numbers make more sense here. I'm assuming your 200/130--200 number. Is that in a "progressive" format, or maybe a 2 stage?

Here are the best numbers I could find out there (again unconfirmed)

…………………Manufacture…….Model…………………Price….Drop Front (in)…Drop Rear (in)..Rate Front…Rate Rear
    Stock…………Subara…………WRX Stock……………………………………………………………….......163…………..132
    ………………..Subaru………….STi Stock……………………………..………………………………………...200………….185
    ………………..STi………………GC8 Lowering Springs………………...……………………………..………237………….195

Aftermarket…STi……………..Lowering Springs………….320……0.8……………….….0.8……………..251…………212
    ………………..Tanabe………..GF 210 Springs (TGF092)..198……1.3…………………..1……………….240…………223
    ………………..Eibach…………Pro Kit (7714.140)……………247……1.3…………………..1………………171………….160
    ………………..Progress………Sport Springs…………………..172……1.8………………….1.5
    ………………..Prodrive……….P1………………………………..…299……1.5…………… …….1.5…………….215…………..195
    ………………..H&R…………………………………………………….259……1.5………………….1. 4…………196.25-204.1..186.25-193.7
    ……………….Tein……………..S.Tech Springs………………..175……2.4………………….1.3…………….240…………..2 07
    ………………..RS-R……………Down Springs…………………..195……1.8…………………1.2…………….216…………..1 77
    ………………..Perrin…………..Lowering Springs……………..224……1.6…………………1.4

I got my info here: http://www.visual-assault.org/~eclip...u-Springs.html as I'm sure the formatting is all screwed up when seen on screen.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 06-17-2004 at 01:40 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    , but the Aftermarket STi numbers make more sense here. I'm assuming your 200/130--200 number. Is that in a "progressive" format, or maybe a 2 stage?
    I honestly dont know what the 130-200 means but thats thats just what they had listed on the ravensblade spring rate chart.

Those numbers you posted up make alot more sense and are consitient with what I have heard/seen and actually look like they would improve the car as the pinks do.
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.