More fuel?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on More fuel? within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an sti with alcohol injection fp2006 turbo catless downpipe perrin intake and inlet and utec im going to ...

More fuel?

i have an sti with alcohol injection fp2006 turbo catless downpipe perrin intake and inlet and utec im going to get my car tuned next week but im wondering if i need a bigger pump and possibly injectors. im trying to do this spending as little as possible and injectors arnt cheap i can do a pump but if i need injectors im gona have to wait longer any advice? also after fuel what should i do next front mount?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    As long as you are still on the stock turbo, you'll be fine. More "available" fuel is always a good thing, but not necessary until you max out your injector duty cycles. It is possible to do so on the stock injectors, but you are usually beyond peak efficiency of the stock turbo at that point anyway, so it's really just stressing the motor without benefit of more power.

With the alky injection, utec, and exhaust mods, with good tuning, you should lay down some very satisfying numbers. At least 320/350 hp/tq to the wheels.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by natehodgdon View Post
    i have an sti with alcohol injection fp2006 turbo catless downpipe perrin intake and inlet and utec im going to get my car tuned next week but im wondering if i need a bigger pump and possibly injectors. im trying to do this spending as little as possible and injectors arnt cheap i can do a pump but if i need injectors im gona have to wait longer any advice? also after fuel what should i do next front mount?
    Yes, you absolutely need bigger injectors and pump. Look into the Perrin modified stock injectors if you're trying to save money and make sure to have them cleaned and flow tested.
    For the pump a Walbro 255lph will work fine and can be found found around 100 bucks pretty much everywhere.
    Frount mount is the way I went, but see how you like running the top mount + alcohol injection first. A lot of guys swear by that combo. A TMIC and no form of alcohol injection would not be worth it, but with the alcohol injection you should be able to keep temperatures in check. In the end a FMIC will always make more power and be more consistant.. just something to think about.

Also, ask your tuner if he recommends you switching to 1 step colder plugs. I also don't see you listing a catback section as one of your mods.. I would definitely get a catback if you don't already have one.
    Last edited by StiPete; 04-26-2007 at 10:09 AM.
    2005 Aspen White/Gold STi
    TD06-20G 350whp on 93 octane

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StiPete View Post
    Yes, you absolutely need bigger injectors and pump. Look into the Perrin modified stock injectors if you're trying to save money and make sure to have them cleaned and flow tested.
    For the pump a Walbro 255lph will work fine and can be found found around 100 bucks pretty much everywhere.
    Frount mount is the way I went, but see how you like running the top mount + alcohol injection first. A lot of guys swear by that combo. A TMIC and no form of alcohol injection would not be worth it, but with the alcohol injection you should be able to keep temperatures in check. In the end a FMIC will always make more power and be more consistant.. just something to think about.

Also, ask your tuner if he recommends you switching to 1 step colder plugs. I also don't see you listing a catback section as one of your mods.. I would definitely get a catback if you don't already have one.
    I'm curious as to why you say he absolutely will need bigger injectors and pump on the stock turbo with alky injection/utec/tbe? Unless the turbo is upgraded, or is planned to be upgraded in the future, isnt' that a bit of overkill?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I'm curious as to why you say he absolutely will need bigger injectors and pump on the stock turbo with alky injection/utec/tbe? Unless the turbo is upgraded, or is planned to be upgraded in the future, isnt' that a bit of overkill?
    He's got a td06-20g. The name he referred to it as was a "FP2006", which is the name FP calls their TD06-20G. I don't know why they do this because I remember when I was first turbo shopping I went to FP's website and was like ok where's the 20G? haha
    2005 Aspen White/Gold STi
    TD06-20G 350whp on 93 octane

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StiPete View Post
    He's got a td06-20g. The name he referred to it as was a "FP2006", which is the name FP calls their TD06-20G. I don't know why they do this because I remember when I was first turbo shopping I went to FP's website and was like ok where's the 20G? haha
    duh...just slap me upside the head...didn't even see that. Yep..injectors and FP are a must.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

u running meth w/o a tune right now
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    duh...just slap me upside the head...didn't even see that. Yep..injectors and FP are a must.
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post

Did you buy the car with all of those mods? I'm not trying to flame or anything, but that seems like quite a bit of modification to your car for you to not know this already...
    But to repeat what's been said, yes, bigger injectors+fuel pump are a DEFINITE must.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.