STi Modification Path - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77

This is a discussion on STi Modification Path within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Really...never heard anyone have a negative opinion with them. Gimme a run down of what you ...

  1. #61
    Registered User orvtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Really...never heard anyone have a negative opinion with them. Gimme a run down of what you think if you don't mind...reviews are always a plus for us
    sure, they are noise, i think it is because it doesn't have that extra ruber cover that i have seen in other springs.
    if you see this picture you can see the extra ruber that i am talking about. i also think that is more of a bling-bling oriented spring set.



    if i could doit again i would go with prodrive or STI pinks. i am thinking on selling them and get the prodrive ones.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    newark,de
    Posts
    83

    dyno results

    331.1 hp and 348.2 ft/lb of torque

  4. #63
    Registered User orvtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by civic88hb View Post
    331.1 hp and 348.2 ft/lb of torque
    what car and what mods again ?

  5. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    newark,de
    Posts
    83
    04 sti tbe k&n typhoom intake cobb v2 and protune ran a 12.6 before cobb and protune cant wait to race again

  6. #65
    Registered User orvtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by civic88hb View Post
    04 sti tbe k&n typhoom intake cobb v2 and protune ran a 12.6 before cobb and protune cant wait to race again
    crapp ... you made me want a protune

  7. #66
    Registered User orvtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,077
    have some one heard something about the STI Tarmac springs ??? any opinions ???

  8. #67
    Registered User stight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    367
    I am not so sure what the big problem is with COBB Springs. The only rubber in the set up is the in the hat section. Without that you will experience all kinds of road noise. Here is another photo showing my set up. I am very satisfied with the performance of COBB springs and bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails button3 (2).jpg  

  9. #68
    Registered User Feyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Posts
    91

    Dp question..

    So I have a Downpipe question for you guys:

    Should I go catted or non catted?

    Here is my situation. I live out in the country where I dont need to get my STi smogged, I have veteran plates on it that are good for life, and I dont drive my car like a tard so Cop trouble isnt realy an issue. Is the HP gain from a straight DP decent? Thanks guys =D
    '07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

  10. #69
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
    So I have a Downpipe question for you guys:

    Should I go catted or non catted?

    Here is my situation. I live out in the country where I dont need to get my STi smogged, I have veteran plates on it that are good for life, and I dont drive my car like a tard so Cop trouble isnt realy an issue. Is the HP gain from a straight DP decent? Thanks guys =D
    The HP is virtually identical in a high flow catted DP vs a non-catted DP. Have you considered the potential for fuel cut you may get with a non-catted DP? That is the one real reason I always recommend a DP with a high flow cat. That little bit of back pressure goes a long way to ensuring no fuel cut. Now..if you are running the stock catback exhaust, then you can go with the straight DP as your resonator pipe and mufflers will give you enough back pressure. If not, I'd recommend the HF catted DP.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  11. #70
    Registered User Feyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    The HP is virtually identical in a high flow catted DP vs a non-catted DP. Have you considered the potential for fuel cut you may get with a non-catted DP? That is the one real reason I always recommend a DP with a high flow cat. That little bit of back pressure goes a long way to ensuring no fuel cut. Now..if you are running the stock catback exhaust, then you can go with the straight DP as your resonator pipe and mufflers will give you enough back pressure. If not, I'd recommend the HF catted DP.
    Ok looks like I will go with the HF catted DP,Thanks for the info and advise!
    '07 STi Limited
    www.flyprecision.com

  12. #71
    Registered User knfevg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    52
    I've got a '03 STi (2.0L European model) with a ProDrive performance pack (I think it includes a remap, HF cat pipe, fuel pump and a nice silencer). Does it make my car stage 2?

    BTW, I also have Tein Basic and can recommend them very much for all arround usage
    Thanks,
    Evgeny

    Subaru Impreza WRX STi ProDrive 2.0 MT6 2003
    Mazda 6 2.0 AT 2008

  13. #72
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,141
    Quote Originally Posted by knfevg View Post
    I've got a '03 STi (2.0L European model) with a ProDrive performance pack (I think it includes a remap, HF cat pipe, fuel pump and a nice silencer). Does it make my car stage 2?

    BTW, I also have Tein Basic and can recommend them very much for all arround usage
    Only thing that makes it Stage 2 will be a downpipe (or as part Turbo Back exhaust) AND engine management to "tune" the car to run safely with the downpipe. Sounds like your "High Flow Catpipe" might be the downpipe...that and an upgraded fuel pump would warrant a remap of the ECU. Sounds like you very well could be Stage 2.

    Check the downpipe coming off the turbo and see if it looks stock or not. Plus, post pics of your STI! We don't get to see many 03 STIs around here since they aren't USDM!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  14. #73
    Registered User knfevg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Only thing that makes it Stage 2 will be a downpipe (or as part Turbo Back exhaust) AND engine management to "tune" the car to run safely with the downpipe. Sounds like your "High Flow Catpipe" might be the downpipe...that and an upgraded fuel pump would warrant a remap of the ECU. Sounds like you very well could be Stage 2.

    Check the downpipe coming off the turbo and see if it looks stock or not. Plus, post pics of your STI! We don't get to see many 03 STIs around here since they aren't USDM!
    Mikie, here is a thread of my car detailing. All pics are external. If you want some under-the-hood or internal pics, let me know 27 hours to detail my MY03 STi
    In order to see the DP, I have to lift the car, right? I can not see it good enough from above?
    Last edited by knfevg; 09-21-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Thanks,
    Evgeny

    Subaru Impreza WRX STi ProDrive 2.0 MT6 2003
    Mazda 6 2.0 AT 2008

  15. #74
    Registered User knfevg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    52
    ok, I just confirmed the the HF cated pipe IS a DP only (not the whole TBE).
    Together with the prodrive remap, I am glad to know that I'm stage2!!! As an extra, I have an upgraded fuel pump and a nice sound from the axle back (also prodrive)
    Thanks,
    Evgeny

    Subaru Impreza WRX STi ProDrive 2.0 MT6 2003
    Mazda 6 2.0 AT 2008

  16. #75
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,141
    Quote Originally Posted by knfevg View Post
    ok, I just confirmed the the HF cated pipe IS a DP only (not the whole TBE).
    Together with the prodrive remap, I am glad to know that I'm stage2!!! As an extra, I have an upgraded fuel pump and a nice sound from the axle back (also prodrive)
    You should just be able to look to the left of the TMIC. But it is weird that they would have add and aftermarket DP and add an axleback. Why leave the midpipe stock? I bet it might be a full TBE in that case...

    But yes, sounds like a legit stage 2 to me

    definitely a great looking car...your detail job did wonders on the paint. You don't see many pictures that show off the gold flake that well...and I love the EDM/JDM STI wheels
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •