STI in 4th gear at 4000rpm issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI in 4th gear at 4000rpm issue within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I have noticed something on my new my15 sti recently and wanted to know if anyone else is ...

STI in 4th gear at 4000rpm issue

Hi All,

I have noticed something on my new my15 sti recently and wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue...

First off my sti is in Sport Sharp mode and in 4th gear at around 2000 - 2500rpm and when i put the foot down and hit 4000rpm it gets a pretty violent kick back and i have no idea what it is. Almost like a limiter but really harsh / or a cut of fuel. Have no idea?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! Theo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is close to no information on what's happening so it'll be near impossible to help, based off of what's provided
    Stinkeye member 520

What else are you after?

Thats half the problem is that its almost occurring for no reason... No warning lights, no smells, nothing...

If i could give more detail i would.

Was hoping someone else may have had this issue and knew what was causing it.

I Support ClubWRX
    The ECU can cut fuel in an overboost situation. Take it to a dealer...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Most times when the ecu cuts boost from an over boost it throws the range a performance code as well. We also don't know what mods you have, when the issue started (after installing something or doing some bit of work, etc )

If anything you have a warranty. Use it
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez
    Most times when the ecu cuts boost from an over boost it throws the range a performance code as well. We also don't know what mods you have, when the issue started (after installing something or doing some bit of work, etc )
    Not always...

There is a separate fuel cut and DTC trigger value. It depends on the way the map is setup.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Car is stock (no mods)... I will visit the dealer during the week and let you guys know what the outcome is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Not always...

There is a separate fuel cut and DTC trigger value. It depends on the way the map is setup.
    Just speaking out of experience. On the stock map in dead middle of summer in CT (decent humidity and anywhere from 80s to 90s) I'd hit it every now and then (also before my inlet tore) and every time I threw the code. Also only happened in 4th mid range
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.