weird sound from turbo areas

This is a discussion on weird sound from turbo areas within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a weird sound around the turbo areas, but can't pinpoint where it come from?isn't it normal? if everyone ...

weird sound from turbo areas

i got a weird sound around the turbo areas, but can't pinpoint where it come from?isn't it normal? if everyone know, help me with diagnostics

WP 20130923 006 - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definitely not normal, you said it started after you removed the TMIC. did you remove anything else?

I tried to clear my throttle body, so i removed intercooler and everything around it to access to throttle body. clear the throttle body with throttle body cleaner, and changing the 2.5"inches hose between throttle body and intercooler because it's damaged. do a road test and then that sound appears. I don't think i dropped anything into the intake manifolds. so today i dropped my car at the dealer to have them figure out. Really want to do myself but it sound like come from inside the engine. don't have tools or time to disassemble it

if you ever got that sound, that's it the sound of intake valves come loose and ready to pay couples thousands to have the engine disassemble to just fix that.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ...grammar.

So he's saying the intake valve went out (in, whatever)? Ouch-ouch...
    Friends BMW lost the timing belt, just for fun we opened up the engine after we replaced it. WOW, most valves where bent, broken. A couple of them the plate was stuck sideways in the top of the piston. 1 or 2 pistons had their top punched thru...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?