Help with brakes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with brakes within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys I'm getting a faint noise from my front brakes and it has got abit louder over the weeks ...

Help with brakes

Hi guys I'm getting a faint noise from my front brakes and it has got abit louder over the weeks so I'm going to change my front pads but I need some help, I have a 2001 subaru impreza wrx that is running 350bhp with standard 4 pot at the front and 2 pot at the back with upgraded grooved and vented discs all around,I have read online and can't find the right answer but what would be some good pads I'm looking at a few and keep going towards ebc but don't no what colour would suit me,I'm a road user no track use but love to give the car some gas most often so they would defo be heated up most of the time,would love all your opinions,thankyou.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you don't track or auto-x, you can probably get by with EBC 'Reds'. If you want a street-able pad that still has decent cold bite and better heat resistance you could get the 'Yellow' or something like Ferodo DS2500.

I'm about to put 'Yellows' on my STi this weekend after using DS2500s.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.