Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know how to install a boost gauge or turbo timer? Near moreno valley or know a shop were ...

Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer

Does anyone know how to install a boost gauge or turbo timer? Near moreno valley or know a shop were I could go to?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A boost gauge isn't too difficult. Tap the vacuum line going off the factory bypass valve for a boost reference, and tap power based on where you're installing it.

Unless you have an aftermarket turbo that is only oil-cooled, a turbo timer isn't necessary, so I'd return/sell it for something else.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Guessing it's for an 05 STI...?

Boost gauge is easy. You just T into the boost line going to the BPV, run the lines in through the grommet in the firewall under the steering column and dash...then you run the gauge power to the clock pod since it's such easy access and clearly colored wires.

Turbo timer is pointless on our cars. Sell it and use the money elsewhere.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Sounds easy but I don't trust my self doing that electronic stuff..so I don't need a turbo timer at all? And how's it pointless on our cars?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubieSti05
    Sounds easy but I don't trust my self doing that electronic stuff..so I don't need a turbo timer at all? And how's it pointless on our cars?
    Coolant continues to flow to the turbo, cooling it down, after you shut the car off.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Coolant continues to flow to the turbo, cooling it down, after you shut the car off.
    But I don't knw if my turbo is a aftermarket or stock I bearly bought the car not to long ago or I doesn't matter I still don't need it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubieSti05 View Post
    But I don't knw if my turbo is a aftermarket or stock I bearly bought the car not to long ago or I doesn't matter I still don't need it?
    Rarely would someone install an aftermarket turbo and not install a boost gauge. Unless gauges were removed, your turbo is likely stock. Also, rarely does one sell a car with an aftermarket turbo and not list it as a selling point. I suspect you'd know.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Plus, any of the aftermarket turbos run with the same oil/coolant lines that the stock turbo uses...so again, turbo timer is a moot point.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well thanks..so I guess I don't need a turbo timer..but I still need help with a boost gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    What sort of help?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Like help to install a boost gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    Its really simple. Use the instructions mentioned above.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yea but I'm not good with electronics

I Support ClubWRX
    Neither am I. Mostly self learned like most of us here. It isnt all that difficult. The max you will have to use is a multimeter. Otherwise everything else is plug & play.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

It's easy as hell to install a boost guage. If you use fusetaps you can't screw anything up.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast