Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I guess ill give it a try..what would you guys reccomend for a atmospheric bov or a recirculating bov? because ...

I guess ill give it a try..what would you guys reccomend for a atmospheric bov or a recirculating bov? because I have a hks type 4 but I don't what would be better. People told me that if I make it atmospheric I got to tune up my sti because its not going to be getting all the air it normaly would ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubieSti05
    I guess ill give it a try..what would you guys reccomend for a atmospheric bov or a recirculating bov? because I have a hks type 4 but I don't what would be better. People told me that if I make it atmospheric I got to tune up my sti because its not going to be getting all the air it normaly would ?
    Keep the stock valve, until it leaks due to the pressure you're running.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

But I mean what better atmospheric oor recirculting?. But if I make it atmospheric do I have to tune up the car afterwards

I Support ClubWRX
    Recirculating. Like the stock unit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Recirculating. Atmospheric has potential to lead to problems because you will now be running rich in between shifts. You can't technically do anything to tune for this either.

So, stick to recirc.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Dam so for how long could I run atmospheric till it starts to leak so I could could order the recircutating kit

I Support ClubWRX

Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer

See The Big BOV thread.

Also see the link in my signature for all info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks..what size do I have to get the recirculating outlet 1" or 1.25"?..what if I use a fake hks bov would it mess up anything? Cause I bought my bov but idk if its a fake or the authentic one

Dude, you sound like me when I'm drunk/high.

Boost gauge question: If you are uncomfortable with electronics. By all means, pay someone else to do it.

Don't run the HKS(atmospheric) unit at all. EJ257 said to run the STOCK(recirculating) unit until it leaks, which isn't a problem for most people. Just buy a used stock unit and swap it.

I have no idea what size the stock BPV hose is, frankly I don't care since unless its the stock hose or a replica silicone it will be a MAJOR pain in the ass to route a straight hose. Either buy a stock BPV unit with the stock hose or a silicone replacement hose.

Defi boost gauge was easier to install vs. SPT boost gauge.

As stated, use fuse taps.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Hey guys, great info on this thread, this is my first post on this forum and I was wondering nif I could get some help.
    I have bought a prosport boost gauge for my wrx my09, and I have no idea where the boost line is!?!?
    I've located what seems to be the boost line, but its so short and hidden away that it looks like a massive jobe just trying to connect the T fitting of the boost gauge to it. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Re: Help installing Boost gauge and turbo timer

Wait, you mean there's actually useful info here and not just BS?!
    Hahaha just kidding.

Usually for the 02-07's we'd splice into the smaller vacuum tube of the by-pass-valve and add a T fitting there.

Posted from a fone.

Ahhh OK cool. I'm a bit slow in learning this stuff. The amount of research I did just to find out about a TBE was ridiculous.

Below I circle what I think is the BPV in red, the tubing to it is massive compared to what I was given for my boost gauge, is that the spot? I also put a red box around the area where I think the boost line is. I was originally thinking of joining the tube in that spot.
    Sorry, I just like to know about this stuff before I cut a brake line or something haha.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine bay.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	111794

The little tube where the red circle is where you want to splice in to.
    Here's a writeup. You can see where the line was spliced and a T-fitting was added to.

And that tube in the yellow box looks like a breather tube for the heads. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    The little tube where the red circle is where you want to splice in to.
    Here's a writeup. You can see where the line was spliced and a T-fitting was added to.

And that tube in the yellow box looks like a breather tube for the heads. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you so much buddy!! That has helped immensly! 1000 years of good karma your way haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast