problem with my wrx sit....help?

This is a discussion on problem with my wrx sit....help? within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2003 impreza wry sit sedan. I love the car, it has a lot of g-ready modifications. ...

Unhappy problem with my wrx sit....help?

I just bought a 2003 impreza wry sit sedan. I love the car, it has a lot of g-ready modifications. upgraded internals and oversized turbo. I have been blowing the **** out of pontiac gto's and bmw's all day. Any way this problem just started to happen. when i go to start off in 1st gear, my passenger side tire seems to vibrate when I go to give it gas for a quick start and vibrates even when i start off easy. . like its slipping or something.. Any hint of what is wrong with my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Remove the wheel, check the axle boots, joints, disc, hubs, and bearings.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe you cooked the clutch a bit and it isn't really coming from the wheel.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

What exactly is an sit? Or a wry? I forgave the typo the first time but three of them?

Where are you located?

A problem like that points towards the something connected to that wheel and nothing else. You'll need to check all of the components from the wheel in.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Lightbulb rply

2003 wrx sti... sory i was tired...Im in Fort Sill, Oklahoma... Im stationed here. anyhow it still does it, I will take it down tonight to the rex-plex and rent a lift bay so i can do some trouble shooting. Im guessing a half shaft or cv shaft. I don't think its the clutch or it would probably give me more problems then the one I have. could it be a wheel baring? and how do I tell if the boot is bad?

WOW a 2003 STI. Is it right hand drive and a bug eye because we did not start getting STI's in the states until 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    WOW a 2003 STI. Is it right hand drive and a bug eye because we did not start getting STI's in the states until 2004?
    Yeah that's why I asked where the OP was located.

Can you please clarify OP because as sj said, there's no 2003 STi that was ever sold in the US.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    The model doesn't matter.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    jack the car up by the lower control arm and try to pull the wheel like you were taking it off as if the lug nuts were off.. If the wheel assembly moves you may have some worn wheel bearings.. If not inspect axles, engine mounts, wheels (for balance/bends), check brake pads for excessive wear.. could be many things just gotta start visual inspection..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks, my mechanic buddy says the guy that owned it before me burnt the clutch, the cv was messed though. guess I'll drive it till I want to get the sack to replace it... It looks like a tough job with all the performance parts on it and vacuum lines.. Im kinda scared to touch it:/