2011 WRX VS 2011 STI - Page 8
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX VS 2011 STI within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Yawn. This^ I'm on my 4th turbo Subaru and I can honestly say that this discussion ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yawn.
    This^

I'm on my 4th turbo Subaru and I can honestly say that this discussion is a waste of bandwidth. Either car can be modded/left alone/adjusted/driven to outperform the other in any one of a million different scenarios. I just pick the one with the colors and flashing lights that I find most exciting. Happens to be the STi right now...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Everyone who buys a WRX instead of an STI is an idiot.

/thread
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

/thread
    I've always been impressed with how open minded you are scott.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

/thread
    Anyone who has a close minded opinion like this is an idiot.

I bought a 2011 wrx instead of the sti. For people like me there are many reasons for said choice. I don't like leather seats for starters... Its not my winter vehicle so i dnt need added options like heated seats and wipers, i plan on modding my car to be better than an sti to **** on them, the sti was 10 grand more. I prefer 17 inch rims over 18. I dont want my brembos saying sti... I dont like every part on the car saying sti. Nope im pretty happy with my choice, my car is paid off and now instead of having spent an extra 10 grand on the same car now i can use that money in mods and have a way better/nicer/faster ride. enjoy.

I Support ClubWRX
    here we go again

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't have brembos.. So don't worry about them saying STi. His close minded opinion was a joke... If your going to mod your Wrx to "****" on STis you should of bought an evo..

Quote Originally Posted by slitlymodified View Post

I bought a 2011 wrx instead of the sti. For people like me there are many reasons for said choice. I don't like leather seats for starters... Its not my winter vehicle so i dnt need added options like heated seats and wipers, i plan on modding my car to be better than an sti to **** on them, the sti was 10 grand more. I prefer 17 inch rims over 18. I dont want my brembos saying sti... I dont like every part on the car saying sti. Nope im pretty happy with my choice, my car is paid off and now instead of having spent an extra 10 grand on the same car now i can use that money in mods and have a way better/nicer/faster ride. enjoy.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

How do u know if i have brembos lmao, yeah sure they dont come stock but that doesnt mean u cant buy aftermarket. And no thanks i dnt like evo's

Just get a GTR and then the WRX and STi will seem like child's toys by comparison.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

911 turbo or m3 GTR is gayy

i purchased the wrx over the sti so I could afford my next 911 turbo. If I purchased the sti It would of took longer to get me my 911. And im really happy with my rex anyways so im glad i got it
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

i like the benny hill theme. reminds me of hot nurses and slapping the old man on the head. wait, that sounds kind of sick...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slitlymodified View Post

This post is full of win. Just saying. Most of it is borderline profile material.

Honestly, sti branded brembos are such a pain. The STi logo makes it so you can't even put on 15" rally wheels to be l337 rally style. Comon' Scott. Get with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 10-04-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.