2011 WRX VS 2011 STI - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX VS 2011 STI within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SPT2011 Comparing a 2004-07 sti to a 2011 wrx is like comparing a 2004-07 m3 to a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    Comparing a 2004-07 sti to a 2011 wrx is like comparing a 2004-07 m3 to a 2011 335. Your insane if you think an older sti is nicer by any means then a brand new wrx. The newer car is always superior IMHO. The sti its merely 4 grand more from the limited wrx to base sti.... Anyone driving a 2011 wrx could of afforded any older sti, so really your point does not make sense.
    Really???? OMG I was so unaware of the price of each car... Especially since I OWN BOTH...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Really???? OMG I was so unaware of the price of each car... Especially since I OWN BOTH...
    So does this mean when you get in your WRX and look over at the STI before pulling out of the driveway you say "Man I hate the egotistical rich guy that drives that overpriced piece of crap!" and when you drive your STI and look over at your WRX you say "That guy's an idiot who's too poor to afford what real men drive an STI!"
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    So does this mean when you get in your WRX and look over at the STI before pulling out of the driveway you say "Man I hate the egotistical rich guy that drives that overpriced piece of crap!" and when you drive your STI and look over at your WRX you say "That guy's an idiot who's too poor to afford what real men drive an STI!"
    HAHA
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

I Support ClubWRX
    My 2011 STi is in the body shop because I ran it into a tree trying to catch the 2011 wrx.. I am also currently sitting with a bag of ice on my balls from constantly junk punching myself for ever thinking of purchasing a far less superior car than a 2011 wrx...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I'm gonna trade my 11rex for a salvaged 04 sti with 200k miles because it's the "better car" lol
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

I Support ClubWRX
    My bugeye will smoke all of your POS rides.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My 2011 STi is in the body shop because I ran it into a tree trying to catch the 2011 wrx.. I am also currently sitting with a bag of ice on my balls from constantly junk punching myself for ever thinking of purchasing a far less superior car than a 2011 wrx...
    ROFLCLAMF!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

See but you join in 2004 so you should have known that you weren't going to catch the wrx. You know that driver probably "couldn't afford a STI" so he went the cheap route.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    Assumptions based on observations about car ownership are fun.

Some of you folks need to read "The Millionaire Next Door".
    It would be interesting to know how many of our STI owners here (exceptions for Scott & Bo), are "car poor", or are subsidized. I'm kinda glad to not be either of those things. It's actually kind of liberating to reach a point where you know you could cash out some assets and buy something completely ludicrous, but have come to understand how ephemeral those things are.

Crap, am I thinking out loud again?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many of our STI owners here (exceptions for Scott & Bo), are "car poor", or are subsidized.
    Probably more than we'd like to really think. I know for me the STI was only $80 more each month and I can easily absorb that, it was the insurance that killed the STI for me.. at $1000 more every six months.. yeah no. Not for me yet.
    I'm kinda glad to not be either of those things. It's actually kind of liberating
    Yep.. I like my extra play money each month. I could have gotten that STI .. but if I did I'd not be able to play at moments notice like I can now. Its funny that my neighbors think I make a good 30-50k more a year than I actually do, most of the reason is that I made careful conservative decisions. So my toys aren't as nice.. but so what? I still have toys and I can fly to europe and see friends on a whim if I like. Right now.. that works for me. STI will come later when I can have that AND play freely.

Besides, I'm happy with my wrx I dont need an STI .... though, I'll be honest I do really want one.

Crap, am I thinking out loud again?
    yep.. happens to the best of us. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Man, this thread is evolving beautifully... My wife thinks my stage 2 '02 WRX was better then my '09 STi for DD, I was thinking it was too, and was thinking maybe I made a mistake getting the STi... Then when I went stage 1 with the STi I knew I made the right decision even tho she still thinks the WRX was better, maybe when I go stage 2 she will change her mind...
    Last edited by wrxdrvr; 09-27-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Besides, I'm happy with my wrx I dont need an STI .... though, I'll be honest I do really want one.
    I've carefully avoided driving an STI, so that I'm not plagued with knowing how much better it no doubt handles than my goofy little '02..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    Man, this thread is evolving beautifully... My wife thinks my stage 2 '02 WRX was better then my '09 STi for DD, I was thinking it was too, and was thinking maybe I made a mistake getting the STi... Then when I went stage 1 with the STi I knew I made the right decision even tho she still thinks the WRX was better, maybe when I go stage 2 she will change her mind...
    See and that's where people loose sight of the actual debate (if there was ever one to begin with)... The two cars have different purposes.. sure you can use a STI as a daily, but that's wasting its potential and if all you're going to do with it is daily street drive.. its wasting money that you could have spent elsewhere in your life. This is where the WRX is just fine for most and fills all the needs/wants of a fun daily driver.

However, if you're going to track the car or compete in any way.... the STI is king.. and that's end of story. I own a 3g wrx and I've driven a few 3g STI's and I could run down a whole laundry list of what the STI does better and how my wrx never would even though I might be able to get it close.

As is, the cars only two real similarities are the body shell and the rear suspension geometry... other than that they're completely different vehicles in just about every way.

Sure, one could make the wrx perform better in SOME ways.. but not ALL ways. And with same money spent into a STI .. yeah.. no comparison.
    Last edited by mangostick; 09-27-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: my spelling is HOORRIIIIBBBBLE.... :(
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've carefully avoided driving an STI, so that I'm not plagued with knowing how much better it no doubt handles than my goofy little '02..
    Actually Ray, you'd be surprised...

The things I love about my Bugeye I felt were completely absent in the 2007 STi limited and 2008 STi hatch that I've driven. I seem to remember loving the 2004 STi I've driven, but it has been about 7 years....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe Matt or someone else with one will give me a ride at the next (hopefully better attended) CF.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast