Check Engine light with flashing cruise control?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Check Engine light with flashing cruise control? within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the cruise control doesnt work and the check engine light is on, what could cause that? and is it easy ...

Check Engine light with flashing cruise control?

the cruise control doesnt work and the check engine light is on, what could cause that? and is it easy to fix? Blown fuse? help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Once the CEL comes on, the cruise is disabled, which is why it's blinking. Get the code pulled and report back what the number is and we can help you from there.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

ok so i have one of those CarMD things but i lost the cord to plug it into my comp, but the code that is flashing is P0420... any clue?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampAssassin View Post
    ok so i have one of those CarMD things but i lost the cord to plug it into my comp, but the code that is flashing is P0420... any clue?
    Either you dont have a catalytic converter in your down pipe or its gone bad. What modifications are done to the vehicle?
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

catless downpipe, but i installed that almost a month ago?

I Support ClubWRX
    catless downpipe, but i installed that almost a month ago?
    It can take a while for that one to show up. You need a tune, ASAP, no ifs ands or buts about it.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

ok, thanks! how much is a usual tune for that kind of thing?

I Support ClubWRX
    ok, thanks! how much is a usual tune for that kind of thing?
    Depends on which way you go. You can get a professional tune through a shop for 350-450, which is always the best option. Or, you can go with either an AccessPort and a Stage 2 map (cost of the AccessPort depends on whether you get it used or new), or you can delve into tuning yourself and go Opensource. For you, though, I'd recommend either the professional tune, or the AccessPort.

You shouldn't be driving the car around without a cat in the DP and no tune, though. You can cause engine damage over time, and we all know nobody wants that. I'd recommend either you take off the DP and install the stock one until you can get a tune, or you drive around with the DP on and don't go into boost until you get the tune.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

you can buy a celfix off ebay.. but would do the tune 1st.

with the access port do you just plug it in and update it whenever you get new parts installed? or how does that work because i plan on getting a boost controller soon and full exahust, or the rest of it i mean, and i dont want to have to pay to get it tuned everytime i get something new, that would get expensive

yes with the accessport you update it on your computer get the right map and plug it in and let it load. I would recommand against the boost controller the AP will control that in a safe manner. DP and exhuast is a good start after the AP. Everything you add mods just get the new map for it. its pretty easy for basic bolt ons.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    with the access port do you just plug it in and update it whenever you get new parts installed? or how does that work because i plan on getting a boost controller soon and full exahust, or the rest of it i mean, and i dont want to have to pay to get it tuned everytime i get something new, that would get expensive
    the accessport has pre-set maps to choose from that coinside with your modifications. there is not a preset map for EVERYTHING so you may end up needing a custom tune.

also, ditch the boost controller. not really necessary & even if you did get one, you'd need to look into a custom tune anyway.

read this:
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

this:
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

this:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1190530

&
    this:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.