2008 STi Recall - Ecu Reflash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 STi Recall - Ecu Reflash within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2008 STI Recalled for ECU Reflash - WVE-15 - NASIOC...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny how things seem to come full circle. Shades of the 2004 "ping" issue and subsequent targeted ECU reflashing.

I don't know whether to be encouraged that Subaru recognized this so quickly and has taken steps to enrich the fuel mix in the upper RPMs, or to shake me head at their continued use of a known weak point...the piston ring lands.

And why oh why can't they get the boost creep issue fixed. "Fuel Cut"...yeah...and what caused it? Lets treat the symptom, not find the cure.

Good find. Now a sticky
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 08-14-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: .
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny...with the 07's they will only do it if you complain enough and the dealership can replicate the issue.

With the 08's it seems like a "mandatory" reflash. Meaning show up and it should be done.

Take note those with 08's who have an aftermarket flash. If you take it in for service make sure they dont re-flash the ECU per that letter.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

csm
    haven't gotten the letter yet

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    haven't gotten the letter yet
    If you want it done, I wouldn't wait on a letter from your dealer. They are notorious for dragging their feet on alerting owners to service bulletins. Sounds like a good flash so if you haven't modded, do it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

csm
    i'm nearly due for an oil change. I'll have them do it then.

my sti 08 loses power at 4000 revs sometimes thought it was crap petrol though

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.