Turbo Timer Install Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer Install Help within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am trying to hook up a HKS turbo timer. I bought the harness and everything but I dont know ...

Turbo Timer Install Help

I am trying to hook up a HKS turbo timer. I bought the harness and everything but I dont know where the speed sensor wire or the rpm signal wire go. It is going on a 2004 sti. Any help would be greatly appreciated because all of my instructions are in an asian language. Thanks
    2004 WRX STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer_sti
    I am trying to hook up a HKS turbo timer. I bought the harness and everything but I dont know where the speed sensor wire or the rpm signal wire go. It is going on a 2004 sti. Any help would be greatly appreciated because all of my instructions are in an asian language. Thanks
    You don't need a turbo timer. The STi's turbo will cool itself. If you bought it and you can return it, do it. You wasted your money. If you're paranoid about it, just sit in your car and let it run at idle for an additional minute or two....

look around for a pin diagram of the ecu and see what one is the MPH/spedometer wire i think. Might as well look for the RPM one while u are down there too i guess.

Step 1 - Fold instructions back to oem configuration
    Step 2 - Return Turbo Timer, instructions, wiring, and hardware to its box.
    Step 3 - Reseal box.
    Step 4 - Find receipt.
    Step 5 - Drive to retailer, return Turbo Timer.*

*If step 5 fails due to opening the package, return home, log onto www.ebay.com and attempt to sell the Turbo Timer.

Step 6 - Use returned/payment from ebay to purchase something useful.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

No need to be rude.. I was asking for suggestions not objections. The turbo timer preforms other functions that Im using other than the timer itself.
    2004 WRX STi

Check out http://www.swankmonkey.com/subaru/wrx/2002/turbotimer/ Hope that helps. Yeah the turbo timer is kind of a waste of a mod, but I'm kinda glad I got it still. Impresses the chicks and people go nuts when I'm at the gas station about to fill up...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.