Boost creep / fuel cut - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boost creep / fuel cut within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jorgee17 So basically i have a 2007 subaru wrx with a full turbo back exhaust a new ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgee17 View Post
    So basically i have a 2007 subaru wrx with a full turbo back exhaust a new intake and maf, i'm getting ridiculous boostcreep and i was wondering if anyone had specific suggestions on what to do next...

i'm fairly new to subarus and could use some helpful suggestions.
    Uhhhmmm,try reading the very first page in this thread.Pretty much tells ya everything.Then read the rest of the thread if that doesn't work......... C'mom people don't be lazy.The answers are right in front of you.You really don't even have to look very hard.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bbjoy View Post
    This has happened 3 times.....all about 1 month apart. if im pushing it in 4th and shift to 5th get up to about 4000rpm and the boost will dump with throttle, the car will lurch forward but not shut off and then the CEL will come on and cruise will flash but after the lurch it will be right back to normal. Just wondering what could be done to fix this...im guessing this is fuel cut but if im wrong correct me. Im running Cobb tbe with HF cat, SPT heatshield, Cobb SR intake, and Cobb AP stage 2. Im just confused because it seems this shouldnt happen with the HF cat.
    this has also happened to me but i had the accessport st 1 on it. after AP stage 2 its never happened again, and i have a bell mouth invidia downpipe with a high flow cat.

So, this **** just happened to me on my way home, i hate fuel cuts it pisses me off. This is the second time its happened. WTF!?!?

I am having problems with compressor surge not sure whats going on its a stock turbo

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mantosride View Post
    I am having problems with compressor surge not sure whats going on its a stock turbo
    It is entirely a different topic (just FYI). You need to readjust or fix your BOV although I would recommend putting on a stock one instead. Adjust it so it is softer and blows off easier.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

restrictor pill for boost creep

Quote Originally Posted by jorgee17 View Post
    So basically i have a 2007 subaru wrx with a full turbo back exhaust a new intake and maf, i'm getting ridiculous boostcreep and i was wondering if anyone had specific suggestions on what to do next...

i'm fairly new to subarus and could use some helpful suggestions.
    on cobbs website they talk about the restrictor pill for your turbo in the vac line it tells you to make the pill smaller to prevent creep and spikes

I think I had my first boost creep expereince. I have a 03 WRX with a APEXi catback exhaust. I was running at high RPMs in 3rd, changing gears when the car kinda lurched and jerked. It scared me, I thought I blew my engine or crushed my tranny. I read that with the 2.0 boostcreep wasn't a big issue, but that's what happened. I read the code that came up, it was the "Turbo/Sup wastegate solonoid A range performance" so I'm guessing it was the boostcreep. Anything else that can cause this? I have a boostguage installed, sometimes it spikes pretty high (it says 18) when I accelerate, is this normal?

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavium View Post
    I think I had my first boost creep expereince. I have a 03 WRX with a APEXi catback exhaust. I was running at high RPMs in 3rd, changing gears when the car kinda lurched and jerked. It scared me, I thought I blew my engine or crushed my tranny. I read that with the 2.0 boostcreep wasn't a big issue, but that's what happened. I read the code that came up, it was the "Turbo/Sup wastegate solonoid A range performance" so I'm guessing it was the boostcreep. Anything else that can cause this? I have a boostguage installed, sometimes it spikes pretty high (it says 18) when I accelerate, is this normal?

Thanks!
    Is the catback the only mod? Was it tuned or anything? Did you get it used? 18 psi spikes (if accurate) are not normal for a stock tune with catback.

It sounds like your overboosting is being caused by some issue other than creep most likely.

if you know where your boost controll selenoid is im almost positive one of the lines are loose or off because i had this happen to me to

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwagn123 View Post
    if you know where your boost controll selenoid is im almost positive one of the lines are loose or off because i had this happen to me to

Exactly! I found a loose vacuum tube, plugged it back in and it's been fine since! Thanks man!

Stock 2002 wrx

Can boost creep happen to a stock car?

Just want to add to this for anyone out there planning on going stage2 or higher. Do not go catless with your down pipe or turbo back exhaust unless you plan on upgrading your turbo, fuel system, and intercooler at the same time. going catless at stage2 or lower will result in major boost creep and boost spikes up to 22.3 (sensor max) and higher.(completely over working the turbo!) I know this from experiance with my 08 STI. I think if you plan on going above stage2, you should build the entire motor or buy a built motor anyway.... but thats just my opinion. If you want to see an example check out my protune results in Electronic Tuning. 311 WHP 329 WTQ, it tapers off at 5k instead of 6k+ which will be fixed when I get my down pipe catted. We had to cut most of the boost early to prevent it from creeping to 20+ after 5k. Once the down pipe is catted we should be able to keep the Boost and WHP flat accross the chart to about 6k.

MODS
    AMR turbo Back Exhaust
    K&N Typhoon
    Cobb AP2.0
    Protune Stage2 Map

old thread but i recently bought a wrx, yesterday to be exact and today on the highway i experienced this FUEL CUT u all speak of, being noobie to rubies, but a former clubrsx member i knew that the forums were my first go to place for info, i found this thread and it all make sense, i have a cobb DP and exhaust/ muffler whatever u call it, it says that an external waste gate should do the trick so would this fix it? 38mm External Waste Gate Blow Off Valve BOV Adapter Kit Pipe Coupler Clamps | eBay

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by illerikill
    old thread but i recently bought a wrx, yesterday to be exact and today on the highway i experienced this FUEL CUT u all speak of, being noobie to rubies, but a former clubrsx member i knew that the forums were my first go to place for info, i found this thread and it all make sense, i have a cobb DP and exhaust/ muffler whatever u call it, it says that an external waste gate should do the trick so would this fix it? 38mm External Waste Gate Blow Off Valve BOV Adapter Kit Pipe Coupler Clamps | eBay
    Knowing forums are a good place to get answers to issues is a great first step. Knowing eBay isn't where you should be shopping for parts is another

That will not work with our cars. You need a flange for the EWG off the uppipe. That said, I don't think that's really necessary, in this case. It's likely you simply overboosted an amount to trigger the DTC. What's done to the car?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it a 2.5L model? It may just not be tuned - I'd confirm that first as it is critical for other reasons as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.