Boost creep / fuel cut - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boost creep / fuel cut within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by testes1010 an EWG is mounted pre turbo to a EWG Uppipe. Yes, an EWG will fix boost ...

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010 View Post
    an EWG is mounted pre turbo to a EWG Uppipe. Yes, an EWG will fix boost creep but I'd highly highly highly recommend a retune for the most & safest benefits.
    ok, so to do things right, would be EWG + Up pipe for EWG + dump pipe + plust ECUTEK or UTEK.

right ?

how ever the economical way would be sell my catless DP get a catted and wait for Cobb to release the 2007 STI AP.

as a third way here is a question, cant i go with a manual boost controller + sensor bung without out EM ? utill cobb releases the AP. >

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech View Post
    as a third way here is a question, cant i go with a manual boost controller + sensor bung without out EM ? utill cobb releases the AP. >
    boost creep is a mechanical wastegate issue, a MBC will not help.

Wait for CobbAP or Enginuity/ECUFlash...however comes first & is cheaper
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010 View Post
    boost creep is a mechanical wastegate issue, a MBC will not help.

Wait for CobbAP or Enginuity/ECUFlash...however comes first & is cheaper
    Ohh, i though that by regulating the boost you could mitigate the boost creep.

dude ... i want soooooo bad to get to stage 2.

Ohh, i though that by regulating the boost you could mitigate the boost creep.
    nope, you'll still creep because the wastegate can't get enought exhaust out the wastegate hole.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider

I Support ClubWRX
    ok, so to do things right, would be EWG + Up pipe for EWG + dump pipe + plust ECUTEK or UTEK.

right ?

how ever the economical way would be sell my catless DP get a catted and wait for Cobb to release the 2007 STI AP.

If you still have your stock cat back, just connect that up to your catless DP and that should provide you with enough backpressure to avoid boost creep. I've spoken to 2 other members who have done the same successfully with an STi. You won't really notice the HP difference between the stock catback and larger catback.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    If you still have your stock cat back, just connect that up to your catless DP and that should provide you with enough backpressure to avoid boost creep. I've spoken to 2 other members who have done the same successfully with an STi. You won't really notice the HP difference between the stock catback and larger catback.
    but i love my HKS Ti

I Support ClubWRX
    but i love my HKS Ti
    I guarantee you'll like stage 2 better than a louder exhaust. Besides, you can always put it back on once you've sourced a catted DP.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I guarantee you'll like stage 2 better than a louder exhaust. Besides, you can always put it back on once you've sourced a catted DP.
    i think the best way to go here is as you said on your first post. get a catted DP, i will sell my Invidia DP and try to get a helyx catted.

Registered User xourheartsdesir's Avatar

just got new 04 sti with mods from dealer....but a problem now...

its a 04 sti with a 3 1/2 inch turbo back with custom port and polish intake manifold and aem cold air. it pulls like a motherrr but when im at full throttle on the highway going about 110 it stops at like maybe 5000rpm...is that a fuel cut? i can go faster without giving full throttle just when i get on it it does. bigger injectors? or the wastegate thing? i hardly have a clue whats done to this car i just took it today from the dealer. sucks buying a used without knowing what is done. please help me outttt

Quote Originally Posted by xourheartsdesir View Post
    its a 04 sti with a 3 1/2 inch turbo back with custom port and polish intake manifold and aem cold air. it pulls like a motherrr but when im at full throttle on the highway going about 110 it stops at like maybe 5000rpm...is that a fuel cut? i can go faster without giving full throttle just when i get on it it does. bigger injectors? or the wastegate thing? i hardly have a clue whats done to this car i just took it today from the dealer. sucks buying a used without knowing what is done. please help me outttt
    fuel cut due to over boost. You need EM Tuning...
    1988 Celica Alltrac

the dealer said that the kid got its intake and exhaust all done and installed and dynoed professionally.....why would it be like this now? how do i turn it down if thats the case...i dont want to **** anything up...speicially if it was tuneddd

the dealer said that the kid got its intake and exhaust all done and installed and dynoed professionally.....why would it be like this now? how do i turn it down if thats the case...i dont want to **** anything up...speicially if it was tuneddd
    since you don't know anything about the car take it to a Suby-specialty shop(NOT THE DEALER) to have a look over.
    1988 Celica Alltrac

Even when tuned properly a lot of people still get fuel cut from over boosting, I still get fuel cut in 5th and 6th and sometimes even 4th and 3rd will have cut when Im at wot (it only happens in 3rd and 4th when its extremely cold outside). I have an 04 STi with short ram, catless tbe, and utec pro tuned. I pull very hard from 1st through 4th with no problems most of the time but 5th and 6th are almost useless in a race unless it is warm outside (for some reason I dont get fuel cut when its warm, 80+ degrees). but like xour said you can get to the higher speeds by going maybe like 50-75% throttle and you wont get knock then but as soon as you go past that 75% area you'll be guaranteed to get it and that is why I rarely ever hit 5th or 6th wot. Only solution for people in our situation is to do an external wastegate but I'm gonna just waste till I upgrade the turbo and everything else, until then I'm rarely going to hit 5th or 6th hard, thats the only solution.

Oh and even when you think your running good or you reduce throttle to avoid the fuel cut sometimes your still getting knock, if you see the check engine light blinking thats a no no. I ran my car hard with what seemed like no problems and then noticed the check engine light would blink every so often so I basically drive like a grandma 99% of the time and bump the map to one that has not so advanced timing.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

i talked to him for like 2 minutes and i asked him why there was a fuel cut and he said he took the computer out or something like that...so...........something like utec? where do i buy those ive seen online for like $1100.
    Last edited by xourheartsdesir; 04-01-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Would bolting up just a cat-back exhaust cause boost creep? How about a cat-back with a high flow cat? Iv read through all this and its alot of info so sorry if its been posted. Also is the Cobb stage 2 accessport specifically tuned for their TBE or can you run that with your own choice in cat-back/TBE without getting boost creep. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Daryl Nilsen; 04-03-2007 at 12:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.