WG actuator arm rant...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WG actuator arm rant... within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i completed teh DIY ground mod, go out for a test drive.....not making any boost until about 6k, i ...

WG actuator arm rant...

So i completed teh DIY ground mod, go out for a test drive.....not making any boost until about 6k, i say ok, what now? I go back home, check the wiring and it looked ok. I check the turbo and well...the arm popped out of the flapper door lever..... so now im pissed. I pushed it back in, but now i have to baby the hell out of the car or just run all motor lol.

But seriously, i was just curious if anyone else has ever lost the c-clip that goes on there for no reason? I mean i havent touched that area in days, and theres been some good WG flucuation (sp??) since then. Do you guys think subaru would sell me the part or should i just call rich at Precision tuning and see if he has any extra clips. But in the mean time, if anyone knows of a cheap fix besides babying the car, which i have no problem doing, let me know?? TIA......

Anthony
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think Subaru sells turbo parts separately (i.e. it's one unit, take it or leave it). You should check out your local hardware or plumbing store to see if they have a clip.

Mine has never fallen off, and it was actually pretty stuck when I went to adjust the preload on mine. My only theory is that it cracked from the heat cycling and fell off...
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

I lost mine on my WRX. Go to an autopart store and pick up a pack of E-clips. Find the one that fits and put it back on. No biggie.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

e-clips, alright. Thanks a lot. Yea, i mean its not a big problem, i was just curious if i was the only one this had happened to. Thanks again.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Its ok. When I did mine it fell on the ground and for the life of me I couldnt find it. The arm kept popping off and it wa the worst feeling having no turbo there. I bought a pack of e clips but i forget which size they were. Buy a pack that has multiple sizes and one should fit.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

5/16" seems to be a perfect fit in case anybody wanted to know. Ive had it on all night, and no signs of even moving.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.