WG actuator arm rant...

This is a discussion on WG actuator arm rant... within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i completed teh DIY ground mod, go out for a test drive.....not making any boost until about 6k, i ...

WG actuator arm rant...

So i completed teh DIY ground mod, go out for a test drive.....not making any boost until about 6k, i say ok, what now? I go back home, check the wiring and it looked ok. I check the turbo and well...the arm popped out of the flapper door lever..... so now im pissed. I pushed it back in, but now i have to baby the hell out of the car or just run all motor lol.

But seriously, i was just curious if anyone else has ever lost the c-clip that goes on there for no reason? I mean i havent touched that area in days, and theres been some good WG flucuation (sp??) since then. Do you guys think subaru would sell me the part or should i just call rich at Precision tuning and see if he has any extra clips. But in the mean time, if anyone knows of a cheap fix besides babying the car, which i have no problem doing, let me know?? TIA......

Anthony
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think Subaru sells turbo parts separately (i.e. it's one unit, take it or leave it). You should check out your local hardware or plumbing store to see if they have a clip.

Mine has never fallen off, and it was actually pretty stuck when I went to adjust the preload on mine. My only theory is that it cracked from the heat cycling and fell off...
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

I lost mine on my WRX. Go to an autopart store and pick up a pack of E-clips. Find the one that fits and put it back on. No biggie.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

e-clips, alright. Thanks a lot. Yea, i mean its not a big problem, i was just curious if i was the only one this had happened to. Thanks again.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Its ok. When I did mine it fell on the ground and for the life of me I couldnt find it. The arm kept popping off and it wa the worst feeling having no turbo there. I bought a pack of e clips but i forget which size they were. Buy a pack that has multiple sizes and one should fit.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

5/16" seems to be a perfect fit in case anybody wanted to know. Ive had it on all night, and no signs of even moving.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17