2006 STI Headlight Adjustment

This is a discussion on 2006 STI Headlight Adjustment within the STi Technical Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've had my STI for almost 2 months and the headlights always seemed way too low, like really scary, things ...

Lightbulb 2006 STI Headlight Adjustment

I've had my STI for almost 2 months and the headlights always seemed way too low, like really scary, things would just pop out in front of me . I brought it to the dealership and they said they were out of adjustment and they "fixed" it. I couldn't notice any difference. So I did it myself.

There's a small white screw with notches above it between the windshield wiper filler and the main headlight, directly in front of the battery, see pic. On the passenger side it is almost underneath the intake but not hard to see. I used some electrical tape to make a mark on the wall to see my adjustment. I would recommend marking your screwdriver so you know how many turns you did. And do the same amount on each side. Counterclockwise raises it. The factory settings have the drivers side lower to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. I turned mine out about 5 full turns and it barely moved on the wall, but when I drove it I could definitely SEE a difference.

Just be carefull not to blind people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headlight adjustment II.JPG  
    Last edited by jamie007; 10-16-2005 at 01:12 AM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hope this work for the 2005's, mine is a little too low as well. Gread DIY!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    I hope this work for the 2005's, mine is a little too low as well. Gread DIY!
    Yeah it really sucks hauling down the dark road when you can't see anything! Not sure if the 2005's are the same, there is a thread for the 04's and 05's. Here it is just in case.

Headlight adjustment
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Ian
    Doesn't the STI have a head light adjuster inside the already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Doesn't the STI have a head light adjuster inside the already?
    Yes it does, but even at the highest setting it seemed like I could only see like 20 feet in front of me! Even if it is too high right now I can just crank it down.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Mine seem to be just fine. I would definately be carefull though, it is uber easy to blind ppl with HID's without knowing it.

I do love how bright the damn things are... so much different than my WRX was.

I miss my fogs though...

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007
    Yeah it really sucks hauling down the dark road when you can't see anything! Not sure if the 2005's are the same, there is a thread for the 04's and 05's. Here it is just in case.

Headlight adjustment

Hey, thanks for the link. But I can't find the screw or the adjustment bolt he's talking about. That's assuming that STi and WRX have the same housing.

Hey, thanks for the link. But I can't find the screw or the adjustment bolt he's talking about. That's assuming that STi and WRX have the same housing.
    I'm sure their different since the STI has a motor that can move the light up or down. Maybe there's something in the manual if not do a search here or google it.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007
    I'm sure their different since the STI has a motor that can move the light up or down. Maybe there's something in the manual if not do a search here or google it.
    Yea, I did couple of search here and from other forums. I found couple of them, but it's for bug eyed WRX. I compared picture from theirs and mine, but did not match (obviously, but hoping for some leads). I haven't tried google yet. Thanks!

umm.. not seeing it.. could you photoshop a circle on them or something for me..

sorry im a newb.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    umm.. not seeing it.. could you photoshop a circle on them or something for me..

sorry im a newb.
    This thread is for a 2006 STI, your headlights are different.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Yea, I did couple of search here and from other forums. I found couple of them, but it's for bug eyed WRX. I compared picture from theirs and mine, but did not match (obviously, but hoping for some leads). I haven't tried google yet. Thanks!
    Look in your manual, plus I found a thread on nabisco...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=409932
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

FWIW, my one-week old STI has the same problem. I'll try the suggested cure. High beams are fine, though.

Thanks for reminding me to do this. My 04 STi has the same issue with the beam lighting up about 20ft in front of me and it is annoying as hell. Like you stated, be aware of oncoming traffic when you make the adjustment.