Subaru WRX Forum banner

STI Stock whp?

95K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  NeoNeoNeo 
#1 ·
What does a stock STI put down at the wheels? I've seen 240whp +\-5 from the posts? Am I close? Thanks.

#5 ·
Yo

1. Yes I have a STI now.
2. So according to the chart, it looks like it's only putting down 220whp/215ft/lbs? :sadwave:

#6 ·
chuglobal said:
1. Yes I have a STI now.
2. So according to the chart, it looks like it's only putting down 220whp/215ft/lbs? :sadwave:
That's the problem with dyno charts; they are all different due to temperature, operator inputs, and dyno type.

In this case the dyno is a Dyno Dynamics, or a "heart breaker". They always read low. 210-220whp is decent for a pull on a DD. On a DynoJet, most people get 240-260whp with their STi's (with 260whp being exceptional.)

Dyno's should only be used to measure increases (or decreases) after modifications. They shouldn't be used for comparing to other people's dyno numbers - at least not unless it is the same machine, location, temperature, etc.

#8 · (Edited)
#15 ·
I gapped a 96 WRX STI in my stock srt4 so I'd guess 220whp is correct

In this case the dyno is a Dyno Dynamics, or a "heart breaker". They always read low. 210-220whp is decent for a pull on a DD. On a DynoJet, most people get 240-260whp with their STi's (with 260whp being exceptional.)

Dyno's should only be used to measure increases (or decreases) after modifications. They shouldn't be used for comparing to other people's dyno numbers - at least not unless it is the same machine, location, temperature, etc.
[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.