Installed a VF34 today... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Installed a VF34 today... within the STi Engine Performance forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; Im putting my deadbolt on Ebay for 0 or 0 'buy it now' I think yours would sell in no ...

Im putting my deadbolt on Ebay for $500 or $600 'buy it now' I think yours would sell in no time for $400,
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what happened to the 15 whp and 31 trq?
    Never stop learning.

Originally posted by complexx
    what happened to the 15 whp and 31 trq?
    what do you mean?
    if your refering to the second graph, keep in mind that this is with headers on both turbos, the original 15/31 was with headers and vf34 over stock headers and vf39

i think im going with dans gt30 kit. arahh dam the decisions

Originally posted by NORCAL STI
    i think im going with dans gt30 kit. arahh dam the decisions
    good man! If your gonna go all out, you might as well do it right

gt35 he says need engine work. ill get gt30 with injectors and tuning i just want a nice everyday driver

Originally posted by NORCAL STI
    gt35 he says need engine work. ill get gt30 with injectors and tuning i just want a nice everyday driver
    Just about anything past 350whp will need engine work unfortunately

Robert~
    Static X Motorsports, INC.
    A ChriSTIan Corporation

not true. some have been using the shortblock to make well over 400whp. you just need an ecu that you can keep on lockdown.

once more engine management options come out, we will see many over 375whp.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by StaticX313
    Just about anything past 350whp will need engine work unfortunately

Robert~
    I dont think so, theres regular WRXs pushing 350 on stock bottom ends, and on top of the extra .5 liters our bottom ends are quite a bit more stout than the regular wrx 2 liter. Dont belive the hype, every instance of a bottom end failure I have read so far using larger turbos has been directly related to no/poor tuning leading to excessive detonation causing ring and bearing failures and not due to any inherent weak spot of in our bottom end. Excessive detonation will cause you to break rings and spit out bearings no matter how strong your bottom end is

I was told our engine were not strong... nor could support people just doing a lot of bolt ons. I understand tuning is important, but there are only like 2 options available, both requiring you to hack your ECU wires. I keep myself at 15psi or so and seem fine, but I hope what you guys are saying is true. Also I know our cars have made over 400whp, theres no doubt they can, but for how long? I should have said 350whp reliably meaning that you'd be able to have it for a while... o well, I hope you guys are right. I took your tip invisiguard and am purchasing a VF34 port and polished and ceramic coated . I cant wait to get it in!

Robert~
    Static X Motorsports, INC.
    A ChriSTIan Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.