Installed a VF34 today... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Installed a VF34 today... within the STi Engine Performance forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; Originally posted by NORCAL STI yah im reading on it now. i think im going with vf22. i got 4800 ...

Originally posted by NORCAL STI
    yah im reading on it now. i think im going with vf22. i got 4800 back on taxes so time to start something now lol
    whoa thats a refund!

keep in mind that the stock injectors wont be able to support a vf22, so you will need injectors/em/tuning to use the 22 fully, but if you want to go that far you might want to throw in 6-700 more and get a better turbo than any of the VFs.
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am dynoing my VF22 with all the supporting mods listed in my sig below . I will post numbers tomorrow night around 10 pm . The dyno is 3 hours away and the appointment is for 5 pm . Wish me luck . We are shooting for 340 @ the wheels !

Nice numbers with the VF34 ! Great spool up time too . Lets see what I can do with a VF22 and the same header ? I hope I dont get dissapointed .
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

disast when do you reach full boost what rpm?

Originally posted by dizastical
    I am dynoing my VF22 with all the supporting mods listed in my sig below . I will post numbers tomorrow night around 10 pm . The dyno is 3 hours away and the appointment is for 5 pm . Wish me luck . We are shooting for 340 @ the wheels !

Nice numbers with the VF34 ! Great spool up time too . Lets see what I can do with a VF22 and the same header ? I hope I dont get dissapointed .
    if you get 340 with the 22 you'll look like this

what kind of dyno they using ?

DynoPak 5000 . I went there for a few pulls in october and I put down 277 hp and 289 tq @ the wheels . That was with a Blitz SUS intake , Invidia downpipe , Invidia exhaust and a profec b boost controller @ 16.5 psi . This dyno has sti's @ 250 stock hp at the wheels .

Right now without tuning I get full boost around 3300 rpm . We should be ablt to tune it to spool a little quicker han that but I may also bump the boost up to 18 psi so it may take a little longer to get tere . I will post befor and after charts around 10pm tomorrow night .
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

Originally posted by Invisiguard
    couldnt test IDCs, they broke their logger, but it ran even more rich than with the 39! so it looks like its cool on stock fuel, but check out the spool! 200rpm FASTER than stock with headers and bigger housing!

headers and vf39

hp + 15.2
    tq + 31.4

are both of those plots your car?

if so, what does a stock STi put down on that dyno?

ps- nice torque curve!
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

yeah those are both mine, the small one is just with exhaust, its a dynojet that most stock STis pull 240hp on

God I cant belive Im doing this twice in the same week

swaping them back out to see what the 39 does on these headers. one mor ecomparison of the sizes of the compressor housings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vf1.jpg  

Not huge, 39 about 1/4" smaller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vf2.jpg  

You can def see the size diff in the exhaust housing though, P17 vs. P18
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vfp17p18.jpg  

Heres the 'dog leg' vf39 compressor outlet, also note the 34 housing is a bit wider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vf3.jpg  

I really wasnt sure if I would notice anybig difference putting the 39 back on, I figured at least a bit less lag(P17) what i DID notice was WAY less midrange torque! almost where it was before I put the headers/34 on, honestly if I didnt have to wait till tuesday to get it dynoed again I would swap the 34 back on right now, I dont need a dyno to tell me theres its making more power than the 39.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vfsti.jpg  

awsome work, Im going to try this as well soon , as you, to keep me busy until i can save up for a bigger better turbo/engine management.

Robert~
    Static X Motorsports, INC.
    A ChriSTIan Corporation

heres the graph of the 34 vs. the 39. So in the end the 34 gives +13whp and +10tq, and this is without any tuning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 408.jpg  

I just want one step up and not deal with injectors and dealing with tuning issues. so vf34 with fuel pump and i should be ok set at 15 psi? also gt spec header and full turbo back. oh yah btw ill get this turbo ported same time and do the vf39s sell for 400 or sould i ask more?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.