Help with exhaust temp
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with exhaust temp within the STi Engine Performance forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; Hey I want to know if some one can help me ,I have a Sti with header and turbo back ...

Smile Help with exhaust temp

Hey I want to know if some one can help me ,I have a Sti with header and turbo back and want to know if the exhaust temp is good is running at 16,000 F at 7,000RPM please let me know if I need to isntall a fuel pump,Thank you!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I've read, 1600 F is pretty much considered the high limit.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

Don't want to alarm you, but 1600 is very hot. I'd say itís bordering on a dangerously lean condition.

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    Don't want to alarm you, but 1600 is very hot. I'd say itís bordering on a dangerously lean condition.
    agreed. where is your probe?

dR

Hmmm,

I see 1550 routinely and 1600 peak plenty of times on my stock STi. The only engine mod is the resonator removal. I have my probe right off the 2,4 cylinder bank which should be the hottest place to probe.

I see peak boost at 15.5 psi as well so perhaps my car is just special.

well, at 16,000*F, your whole car wouldve been in flames. (haha)

1600 is pretty hot. in the summer, ive done a 155mph run (with tbe, intake, header and an mbc) and hit 1520. now on one occasion, i hit 1620. i dont know how it happened, as just one time i checked the peak and thats what it was at. all winter, i barely hit 1400, even though this is not really highway pulls or anything like that since the cold air is too much, and on the highway it just boost creeps like no tomorrow, so im not deep on the throttle in 5th or 6th. so all in all, if people are getting 1600 stock, i guess there isnt too much to worry about, since then you would just get it repaired under warranty if something does happen. but if that were me, i wouldnt be too comfortable with those temps. you might be in line for some new injectors, a fuel pump and engine mgmt. depends how much farther your mod path goes, i guess...

ps- i have mine tapped on cyl4- the one that usually dies.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Hi the boost peak is in 17.7 18 and usualy run at 16,17 I really dont know why, and I have mine tapped on cyl4 i'm going to order the fuel pump. and yeah I think is in flames jajaja can some one tell me wich header are using i'm using 5zigen,green air box replacement ,turbox down pipe and cat replacement and pro #1 cat back 3in and stock up pipe thank you for youre help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.