PERRIN O2 simulator?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on PERRIN O2 simulator? within the STi Engine Performance forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; thinking about ordering the 02 simulator by perrin once installed will i be able to use the cruise controll?iknow its ...

PERRIN O2 simulator?

thinking about ordering the 02 simulator by perrin once installed will i be able to use the cruise controll?iknow its soppose to clear check engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No idea. Did you call Perrin to check? I'd get it from the source.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Why would this not allow you to use the cruise control?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

DON'T GET ELECTRICAL O2 FIXES. Get a simple, cheap, removable mechanical o2 fix man. So you don't have to butcher your wires. There is no reason to go with electrical over mech.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX
    DON'T GET ELECTRICAL O2 FIXES. Get a simple, cheap, removable mechanical o2 fix man. So you don't have to butcher your wires. There is no reason to go with electrical over mech.
    It is my understanding that the mechanical fixes will not show the cel light on but it doesn't put your ecu in a "ready" state which would result in failed inspection.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    It is my understanding that the mechanical fixes will not show the cel light on but it doesn't put your ecu in a "ready" state which would result in failed inspection.
    ^^^ What the great one has said.....What's up Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by g0tb00st
    ^^^ What the great one has said.....What's up Brian?
    LOL! Thanks Erik. Did you finally get that pollen off your car?
    -Brian

Your car will be fine with the Perrin o2 sim. Its not like the other products that put your o2's in a not ready state. There fore it should not cause the cruze control issue that some people get with a CEL for o2 issues. ( I dont yet understand myself why this happens, but it does for some reason with an o2 CEL) The perrin one is the only one to my knowledge that actualy produces a o2 type signal that the computer will be perfectly happy with.Thats why there is a big diffrence in price's for the Perrin Simulator and the cheapy o2 half ass fixers.

But the other guys are right about the mech fix's, they do the same job without hacking wires.

Here is a great o2 Mech Fix from a great vendor !
    http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=GPM11151
    Last edited by Cheveyboy; 07-22-2005 at 05:43 PM.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveyboy
    Your car will be fine with the Perrin o2 sim. Its not like the other products that put your o2's in a not ready state. There fore it should not cause the cruze control issue that some people get with a CEL for o2 issues. ( I dont yet understand myself why this happens, but it does for some reason with an o2 CEL) The perrin one is the only one to my knowledge that actualy produces a o2 type signal that the computer will be perfectly happy with.Thats why there is a big diffrence in price's for the Perrin Simulator and the cheapy o2 half ass fixers.

But the other guys are right about the mech fix's, they do the same job without hacking wires.

Here is a great o2 Mech Fix from a great vendor !
    http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=GPM11151
    Stupid question: im still confused about this ready state issue. So if i use the mechanical fix, i will fail smog?.

02 sim

i installed the perrin 02 sim the other day no more check engine light or crusie light so happy! for inspection i still doint know if ill pass but i know somebody who does them so hopefully he will hook it up

No you shouldnt fail smog with a mech fix. What it does is pull the o2 sensor away from the exaust flow just enough so the sensor gets some reading, but not too much that it was throw a cell.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

No you shouldnt fail smog with a mech fix. What it does is pull the o2 sensor away from the exaust flow just enough so the sensor gets some reading, but not too much that it was throw a cell.
    thanks fo the info man!!

I know 2 ppl who have passed readiness OBD 2 scans with mech fixes.. nj and ny. It was my understanding that elec. fixes are the ones that do what you said, Brian.

Kind of confused here. I think the fix, be it mech or elec, is something different than smog. The fix is going to change the status in your computer to show that the sensor are ok so that everything reads "ready" when the tech plugs into the OBD-II port. A smog test is going to check the actual exhaust gases.

You can be catless, have a fix to show your computer sensor working and in a "ready" state and still have unacceptable levels of gases in your exhaust that would result in you failing the smog test.
    -Brian

Right about the smog, Brian.

Im thinking a normal sniffer, you are still able to pass the sniffer in NY with the downpipe cat and upipe cat removed, but keeping the center cat. Being that you have no CEL and the the readyness codes come up correct. I have seen a few people with STi's just keeping the center cat and pass a Cali sniffer. But i was assuming that if you could pass cali sniffer tests that the smog was the part of that test.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.