PERRIN O2 simulator? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on PERRIN O2 simulator? within the STi Engine Performance forums, part of the STi Technical Forum category; I agree. I just wanted to make sure people weren't getting the impression that a mech fix will result in ...

I agree. I just wanted to make sure people weren't getting the impression that a mech fix will result in the passing of the sniffer. Two different tests.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yup, sorry it sometimes hard to get things down without spuing rable all over the place.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

np
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

o2 smog with mech fix

In the past i have gone to smog and passed with a mechanical fix. that being said i also received a mechanical fix with my Greedy Ti-C exhaust system that i purchased. i experienced the CEL and cruise Light when the new exhaust system was installed, but after a few hours of drive time the CEL and cruise light code that was tripped reset itself with no need to clear the code myself. I did loose the use of cruise control, only while the CEL and cruise lights were on. FYI i only passed smog on the OBD II there was no sniffer on the exhaust. Smog was done is WA state. Hope this helps

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewA View Post
    In the past i have gone to smog and passed with a mechanical fix. that being said i also received a mechanical fix with my Greedy Ti-C exhaust system that i purchased. i experienced the CEL and cruise Light when the new exhaust system was installed, but after a few hours of drive time the CEL and cruise light code that was tripped reset itself with no need to clear the code myself. I did loose the use of cruise control, only while the CEL and cruise lights were on. FYI i only passed smog on the OBD II there was no sniffer on the exhaust. Smog was done is WA state. Hope this helps

Hi Andrew and welcome to the club.

This thread is actually going on eight years old now - we don't do stuff the same way anymore.

What year car do you have? The reason I ask is if you have a newer car and you installed a downpipe with your exhaust you really must get a new map or you can damage the car. With a new map that CEL will be disabled and you don't need any mechanical fix.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

The car is an 2006 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    The car is an 2006 WRX
    You have to get a stage II map on that if you are running a downpipe - only bugeyes can do without it.

The best and cheapest bet is to get an open port cable and an opensource map. You can buy a map and they will work with you on getting it running right.

OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix

It isn't as complicated as it sounds - you need to install ECUFlash on a laptop, get the Openport cable and the map, and carefully follow the instructions for flashing. Follow the instructions very carefully, and especially if anything hangs up during the process do not turn the ignition off.

This will make a dramatic improvement in your car's power output and it is critical for the longevity of the motor.

is the Cobb Tuning Accessport worth the money. Or would you recommend a different one.

I Support ClubWRX
    is the Cobb Tuning Accessport worth the money. Or would you recommend a different one.
    You can get a better opensource tune for a lot less money, unless you want the conveniences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12