California Smog Test! Out of Stater Passed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on California Smog Test! Out of Stater Passed! within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; thanx little slow on the lingo, my bad.... the cel was on but i changed two o2 sensors and it ...

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    thanx little slow on the lingo, my bad....

the cel was on but i changed two o2 sensors and it went off but wen i got a diagnostics done it still showed something on the cars computer wasnt right and was sending negative feedback to it. i have a friend who does tunes and told me he could put the vics map back to stock or go in and manually tell the computer there is nothing wrong with it and that the diagnostics wouldnt be able to detect it.

im not sure if i will do it but i have ben giving it careful consideration...wat do u think

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the car stock or modified? What are the modifications? If you are to pass smog you need to have all sensors report "ready."
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

its modded

mods r header, up, ram air intake, hks exhaust

I Support ClubWRX
    See this FAQ: Exhaust FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC and figure out what you have deleted that is causing "not ready" responses. It also has info on how to fix the issues.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanx brotha

Grats on the pass!

I'm keeping all stock parts in storage for when the time comes.

This brings up a good question in mind, do you think I could get away with an STI turbo like a vf-39 in my car?

It would seem like a painfull mess to swap out a turbo then swap back after smog.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I Support ClubWRX
    People do pass with VF39s. Keep your stock exhaust and intake stuff and have a map ready to run the car (don't know your other mods etc.) plus if there are shiny parts around they better have a CARB sticker on them.

Amador County, CA - No Smog Required to Register

I live in Amador County (next to Sacramento) and this county does not require smog certs unless you sell your car. I live here so it's easy for me, but I wonder if you get a PO Box here and use it as your address if it will allow you to bypass smog as well.
    04 WRX STi Blue w/ Silver Wheels

living in MT is awesome cause they dont give a damn about all this emissions stuff. we got huge smoky diesels everywhere you go and its just nice not having to worry about all the stuff the california people do

hey there im Military based in san diego, only thing not stock that they could see is an injen intake, do you think that would make a problem for the smog check? Any help would be appreciated
    07 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #115
    Military Militia #115

Tuned By Jake

REDNEX 4X4

Unless you have the associated BAR sticker (if it's available) they should fail you if they follow the book exactly. I bet most people wouldn't but it is illegal without a BAR sticker. I know they're especially stringent in SoCal though. Check the manufacturer website for any information about the BAR sticker, if they got it legalized for CA they should put that info front and center.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

QUESTION

If i have the full exhaust system i.e DP UP TB and all others, will that alone be enough to fail emissions? Im military and need to pass emisions to get registered on base. Also the car will have others mods (i.e Intake,FP,bigger TMIC,ECU tune/flash,plugs/wires just to name a few) will that setup alone make me fail hands down? This might be a stupid question but i want to have the car pass with no chance of failing. Any help would be appreciated
    Blobeye Syndicate #84

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BaLLiStiK View Post
    QUESTION

If i have the full exhaust system i.e DP UP TB and all others, will that alone be enough to fail emissions? Im military and need to pass emisions to get registered on base. Also the car will have others mods (i.e Intake,FP,bigger TMIC,ECU tune/flash,plugs/wires just to name a few) will that setup alone make me fail hands down? This might be a stupid question but i want to have the car pass with no chance of failing. Any help would be appreciated
    That setup is not legal for a road car anywhere in the US.

What kind of wires will the car have? The Subarus do not use spark plug wires. Is this another car brand? It doesn't matter as far as emissions, I'm just curious.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-30-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    That setup is not legal for a road car anywhere in the US.

What kind of wires will the car have? The Subarus do not use spark plug wires. Is this another car brand? It doesn't matter as far as emissions, I'm just curious.
    sorry dont know much bout the sub world yet still learning. Was just hoping for upgraded ignition/fuel system. Didnt know if all these factors combined would throw off emissions. As far as road legal what exactly isnt legal about that setup?
    Blobeye Syndicate #84

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast