California Smog Test! Out of Stater Passed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on California Smog Test! Out of Stater Passed! within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i'm soooooooooooooooooo glad we don't have emissions here in AL. honstly, who gives 2 ****s that there are just a ...

i'm soooooooooooooooooo glad we don't have emissions here in AL.
    honstly, who gives 2 ****s that there are just a couple of cars out there that release more smog than your prius, but less than a dump truck...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Josh04WRX View Post
    So You can just take your car to any Smog shop? I thought that there was a certain AWD Smog Shop we have to go to.

yes any smog shop unless you are test only directed by the DMV.

what were the numbers that you passed with? i'm curious how much one cat cleans things up.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    Tonuprocker where are at in Norcal?
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

i have a 16g, 550 injectors, turbo back,knn and more. If i put back on my stock exost and a stock air filter box, you think ill pass? I also have a utec do you think it would be smart to tune another map, for lower performance to pass or would that even help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Auto racing, mountain climbing and bull riding are the only real SPORTS everything else is just a GAME!
    03 2 door wrx! My buddy dose custom work and paint and body LOOKS CLEAN!
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2015746

how would you fail a smog check on a subaru wrx sti? if the car is all stock?
    Car: 05 STI (soon), current 95 maxima
    Phone: Nokia n95

I Support ClubWRX
    Any number of ways. Keep in mind the inspection does not only concern the presence of components, but also the function of components.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

So, i know you've been asked this a hundred times, here is my set up, i heard i would pass, but you seem to be the expert,

05 WRX WAGON:
    -carb legal CAI (AEM)
    -invidia uppipe
    -catted COBB DP
    -SKUNK2 CBE (with high flow cat)
    -COBB STAGE TWO MAP.

So your saying even two high flow cats will not pass?? Damn, at least i have a year before I need another smog, got mine smoged when i was stock about a year ago when i registered my car. Any help would be much appreciated. And do you recommend flashing back to stage 1/stock map on Cobb AP? I am trying to do my upgrades as simple as possible while keeping the car street legal. If there is no sticker on my DP or CBE and I can find a document stating they are carb legal and bring that to the smog tester will that suffice? Thanks man

Ben

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaru6161 View Post
    So, i know you've been asked this a hundred times, here is my set up, i heard i would pass, but you seem to be the expert,

05 WRX WAGON:
    -carb legal CAI (AEM)
    -invidia uppipe
    -catted COBB DP
    -SKUNK2 CBE (with high flow cat)
    -COBB STAGE TWO MAP.

So your saying even two high flow cats will not pass?? Damn, at least i have a year before I need another smog, got mine smoged when i was stock about a year ago when i registered my car. Any help would be much appreciated. And do you recommend flashing back to stage 1/stock map on Cobb AP? I am trying to do my upgrades as simple as possible while keeping the car street legal. If there is no sticker on my DP or CBE and I can find a document stating they are carb legal and bring that to the smog tester will that suffice? Thanks man

Ben
    First off, you only have 1 high flow cat, the cat back doesn't have a catalytic converter in it.
    If your engine is running well it is perfectly capable of passing the sniffer test with one high flow cat. However, you will most certainly fail the visual test as your modifications are pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    First off, you only have 1 high flow cat, the cat back doesn't have a catalytic converter in it.
    If your engine is running well it is perfectly capable of passing the sniffer test with one high flow cat. However, you will most certainly fail the visual test as your modifications are pretty obvious.

So there is no way around this, before i smog i have to put my stock exhaust and stock dp back on?? what about the UP Pipe? you can hardly even see it. Also, i have taken off all the head shields, will they fail me for that too? damn the man!

DUB
    In the end it all comes down to your individual smog check technician and how thoroughly he feels like checking over your car that day.
    If I were in your place, I would put the stock DP back on and re-flash to stage 1. Find a place that will re-test you for free if you fail. Go take the test, if you fail, take it from there. If you pass, congratulations.

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    i passed the emissions and the visual but failed the ecu portion(twice) for the state of {EDITED: CA} so i have to register it now in my home state of tennessee
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-08-2009 at 08:35 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are a CA resident but not active military or federal then there is a limited time where you can drive without CA plates. Have you considered fixing the CELs instead?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    CELs??? wat exactly do u mean??? but i am active military but i still have to pass smog to get base decals tho...

I Support ClubWRX
    C heck E ngine L ight. If you have an emissions fault related to a sensor it will likely trigger a CEL. If it does not, I suspect your car is modified and re-mapped. If this is the case, what may be happening is that specific sensor circuits are reporting "not ready" even though you do not see a CEL on the dash, presumably because you are using some sort of engine management solution.

To remedy "not ready" sensors on a modified car, use mechanical, not electronic solutions for the sensor circuits. This means a resistor mod for the up pipe sensor, for example.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast