Roll Call - Page 34
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roll Call within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Cops are kinda better I never got pulled over in my wrx I had black out all my windows and ...

Cops are kinda better I never got pulled over in my wrx I had black out all my windows and 10k hid lights ( blue as f**k) and drove by cops and no prob. They only get you for crap like that if your doing something stupid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm Frank. 2012 DGM WRX hatchback that I picked up 6 days ago. Nothing special for customizations yet: red footwell illumination, 15% tint on everything behind the driver, OptiCoated exterior.

Nice to meet everybody!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper sti View Post
    Cops are kinda better I never got pulled over in my wrx I had black out all my windows and 10k hid lights ( blue as f**k) and drove by cops and no prob. They only get you for crap like that if your doing something stupid.
    Cool I'd like to think I'm old school, I remember going to Ontario industrial area before "Fast and Furious" ruined everything and they added speed-bumps. Man I miss California. I'm 36 now and don't drive too stupid anymore. Also curious about Highway Patrol/Sheriffs/city cops popping hoods like they used to every time they'd pull over a modded car? Is it 5 or 6 yrs for no smog on a new car? I'm bringing back an 2012 WRX. Have not lived there since 2005. Here, pretty much anything goes because WV only does a visual inspection to get a new sticker(tags). I'm trying to hold back on aftermarket parts due to moving back in Sept. I've had the car 3 days and already have a CBE, AP, Red Top batt. I'm getting the bug again lol. Any info would be great. Sorry for the stupid questions.

I think it is 5 years for new cars to get smog but there are places in riverside that turn there heads for a ill extra and pass ur car for smog. Example my friend has a skyline motor in his 240 and he has it registered and everything

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    Cool I'd like to think I'm old school, I remember going to Ontario industrial area before "Fast and Furious" ruined everything and they added speed-bumps. Man I miss California. I'm 36 now and don't drive too stupid anymore. Also curious about Highway Patrol/Sheriffs/city cops popping hoods like they used to every time they'd pull over a modded car? Is it 5 or 6 yrs for no smog on a new car? I'm bringing back an 2012 WRX. Have not lived there since 2005. Here, pretty much anything goes because WV only does a visual inspection to get a new sticker(tags). I'm trying to hold back on aftermarket parts due to moving back in Sept. I've had the car 3 days and already have a CBE, AP, Red Top batt. I'm getting the bug again lol. Any info would be great. Sorry for the stupid questions.
    Ahhhh yes Ontario... They put the mall there... But you knew that since you only left around 2005.

Anyway, yeah the first five years are "free"

And I don't know of anybody who has actually had their hood popped by a cop. I spent about a year interviewing to be a cop and I'll tell you that there's no way they could possibly know enough about every type of car and the modifications that are popular for each of them. I mean, people freak out and worry about a cop recognizing that they removed a catalytic converter or something. Not a chance. But on the flipside, it doesn't take a genius to know that there's something illegal done to a car with somebody rolling around in the Batmobile with full vinyls, neon, and aftermarket stickers all over it.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Whats up Im Ram from Orange County Westminster, CA
    Im new to this Forum...Nice to meet and see other cars from the area.

Whats up,
    Ive had my WRX for a couple months now, but im new to this forum!
    02 WRX in Scottsdale AZ!

Welcome! Nice car!

Down here in San Diego, CA. Saving up for a WRX/STI

Quote Originally Posted by craving4speed View Post
    Down here in San Diego, CA. Saving up for a WRX/STI
    Welcome!

Do you plan on changing your login ID here when you actually *DO* get the car?

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Welcome!

Do you plan on changing your login ID here when you actually *DO* get the car?
    I probably will.

Alive in San Diego with the Black 2004.

Went to a golf tournament yesterday at Sierra Lakes in Fontana. I parked right next to a 2011 DGM sedan and right in front of black bugeye. Anybody? Anybody? I was the '12 DGM hatch.

Hi everyone! I'm Patrick. Been here at Edwards, CA for about 3 years now. I drive a MBP '02 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon. Just here temporarily(I think) while the wife is stationed out here. I'm kind of sad that I didn't join this forum sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by 4WDFrenzy View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Patrick. Been here at Edwards, CA for about 3 years now. I drive a MBP '02 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon. Just here temporarily(I think) while the wife is stationed out here. I'm kind of sad that I didn't join this forum sooner.
    Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.