Subaru WRX Forum banner

Roll Call

137K views 636 replies 409 participants last post by  Silent_Screamer 
#1 ·
Alright SoCal boys & girls let's see who's out there.

I'm PKer (Sebastian) from Corona.

#27 · (Edited)
I am in North Hollywood. I am about to get a WRX in the next couple of weeks. I have been wanting one since I first heard of them comming out way back in 2001 sometime, maybe before that. I was so impressed with them that I got my brother to buy one a month ago. He has a black '03 in Pasadena.

See y'all around.

Jason

#33 ·
JTF from HB

Wassssaaaaaaap!?

#38 ·
Hi all. Got my new 03 WRX in Oct and trying to save up some $ for a couple of simple mods.

Any good sugestions on preferred vendors?

#41 ·
anyone down from socal to meet up at LACR tonight (jan.10th) ???? Email me and well meet up!!!!

#43 ·
I was @ the dealership last week and asked the service department about a couple of mods i am planning for my sport wagon. He said that thewarranty would be void :( if I do any mod to the engine, this including replacing the chip and the air intake. How true is this?:confused:

#44 ·
It depends on what dealership you go to. Not all of them treat mods equally. I think that where I bought mine (Subaru of Thousand Oaks) they're pretty mod friendly. I'm sure some of the LA people know which ones in the LA area are mod friendly (Irvine Subaru?). It also depends on what part of the warranty they're trying to void. If you have an intake & they try to void your warranty on a brake problem, there's no way they can legally get away with that. They can void your warranty if the problem is directly due to an aftermarket part - say you're running 300 whp & your tranny goes kaboom - voiding the warranty for the tranny in that case is perfectly legal. It's too bad though, that SOA seems to have a rep for supporting most dealer warranty voids.

Eric

#45 ·
Sway and Strut Bar

thanks for the reply ERLoft. :)

I m looking to buy the sway and strut bars (front and back) and I called Speed Factory in La Puente (referred by on of the WRX club member) and they dont have any available. No price either. What is a fare price plus installation and where can I go in S. Cal to get them?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.