04 WRX Wagon Roof Rack
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 WRX Wagon Roof Rack within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone know where I can go look at roof racks near LA? I don't know the first thing about buying ...

04 WRX Wagon Roof Rack

Anyone know where I can go look at roof racks near LA?

I don't know the first thing about buying one but I need to transport my bikes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No idea in the LA area I know a few in the OC area though. But I would suggest visiting a high end bike shop and talking to them. Hell go on MTBR and you'll probably get better answers than here.

Personally, I went with a tow hitch carrier on my 05 Wagon. No added noise and not having to lift my 30LB All Mountain bike over my head.

Okay I'm not too far away from OC. I'm in Whittier. What shops do you know of?

I probably will go bye a bike shop too. Tow hitch does suddenly seem a lot more convenient haha.

Thanks!

No problem! Here are a few off the top of my head:

http://www.racknroad.com/ - Costa Mesa, basically all they sell are racks.
    Funny thing, there is a company car at my old apartment complex, a late model Impreza with a roof rack and trailer mount bike rack. They are serious about racks.

http://www.thepathbikeshop.com/ - Tustin - Great costumer service, if they don't have it in stock they can go over their vender catalog with you and have it ordered.

http://www.fullertonbicycle.com/ - Fullerton, closer to you. Never been here, but have heard great stories on another bike forum.

Personally, after seeing prices of new crossbars and tow hitches I ended up getting a used tow hitch and new hitch rack, the hitch has already paid for itself when I was able to rent a trailer and move.
    Now I'm looking into a set of cheap eBay cross bars for Ikea/Home Depot runs when the wagon is just too small.
    Don't forget to think of what other uses you might have for either before deciding on one.

Good luck!

1 more thing, mountain or road?

Wow man thanks. I'll check those places out soon.

I'll be mountain biking.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.