South Bay Official Meet Thread
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on South Bay Official Meet Thread within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everybody, As we've been kicking around the idea in other threads over the last several weeks, I thought it ...

South Bay Official Meet Thread

Hey everybody,

As we've been kicking around the idea in other threads over the last several weeks, I thought it a good idea to create a dedicated place to set up our meets!

Previously discussed is a Saturday morning (Oct. 26) meet starting at a coffee shop in Saratoga, CA. We can do a drive up Hwy 9, there are some cool places to park and take pictures. From here we can turn around or continue down into Santa Cruz for another coffee or breakfast stop before returning/going separate ways.

I'm partial to supporting local business (eg Big Basin Cafe) as opposed to Starbucks but, as expected, Starbucks has it's own dedicated parking lot which may be more conducive to our needs/desires. Then again, lining the streets of Saratoga in front of BBS with Scoobs might be sweet, too!

Starbucks: 14410 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070
    Big Basin Cafe: 14471 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070

I'm partial to early, (0700 or even coffee at first light!) But I know most people prefer a little bit later so I'll defer to the group on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm in Idaho that weekend

I'd love an evening setup, but whatever works for everyone. I heard iclub forums has meets in Fremont every Weds by the way. Should we do a sign up sheet once we decide morn/evening?

I just found out I have my midterm for math that day I guess I'm going to the next meet.

We could move to Sunday! I'm open to any suggestions for days to meet to get this started. Once we get the ball rolling and more people start showing, we can have a set day monthly/weekly/whatever. Until then I think it's probably best to just try to get some sort of meet going.
    So, what works for YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    We could move to Sunday! I'm open to any suggestions for days to meet to get this started. Once we get the ball rolling and more people start showing, we can have a set day monthly/weekly/whatever. Until then I think it's probably best to just try to get some sort of meet going.
    So, what works for YOU?
    The weekend of Nov 1st probably works for me -

OR, any evening really works for me during the week, if people want to meet after work and what not.

I can meet after 11am that day. I would also really like the meets to have a set day but I do get that we do need to get something going so other people can join in and then we can set a date. The first I can show up any time if we have a meet that day too.

I only have availability the morning of 11/1 same goes for that weekend.

sicflip: early afternoon cruise this Saturday to kick things off?

Lets do it. Inaugural run of the south bay sector.

Awesome. 12:45 at the Starbuck's in Saratoga? See address in the first post.

Anyone else?

I'd love to join you fellas but unfortunately my only vehicle this weekend is my motorcycle. Jeep is in the shop and he WRX won't be here until Monday.

I'll still show up for a meet but may not have my WRX. It was hit last night in a parking lot and working with insurance to hopefully get it into a shop tomorrow.

Rhys: You can always still show up and cruise the motorcycle or ride-along with someone else!

I'll catch you guys next time. I'm going camping at big basin this weekend. Might try to sneak away and meet you guys.

So I got a call from Capitol Subaru today! My car is in, will be picking it up tomorrow at 9am. If all goes well, I should turn up for this meetup.

Rhys, love to hear it! Grats!

If it's cool I might ride along with you, my Scoob is getting the bumper repaired ($921 job!) and I won't have it back until next week. Don't think Hwy 9 would be that exciting in a Jeep Cherokee.

Zataks, shoot me a PM with your number. I'll give you a call if I end up going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.