South Bay Official Meet Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on South Bay Official Meet Thread within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Pm sent! With no affirming responses, however, it looks like you'd be the only person there with a WRX, Rhys. ...

Pm sent!

With no affirming responses, however, it looks like you'd be the only person there with a WRX, Rhys. And as you're uncertain about whether or not you'll even go, I recommend a postponement.
    Last edited by Zataks; 10-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So is the meet postponed?

Yea, unfortunately no one confirmed the time I put up. I'm open to new suggestions on times and locations to get this going (or someone else is welcome to take lead) but if no one says they'll be there, I'm not going to be either. =p

Sorry guys, I was stuck at the dealership until 11. Then just learning to drive a stick shift was a process on its own. Not like a motorcycle that's for sure. I didn't feel comfortable enough to hit up 9. Maybe next weekend after I stop stalling the dang thing. I am down for a meet and greet anytime before that though gives me some time to practice driving it.

No worries, Rhys! Grats on getting the WRX and don't worry about the stick, this is a relatively easy one to learn/drive!

Lets just make it on the 2nd or 9th. I feel like everyone was busy this past weekend. We should get a vote and see when we can all make it. I'm free both weekends same meet up spot at 11-1 depending on everyones schedule and we follow the original plan of driving through 9.

I'm out the 9th through the 11th. And working f***ed up hours potentially through the 4th but I am back in my Scoob which is nice.

I can meet the 2nd.

lets get a meet going sometime in the new year and as I am new to this forum could someone please direct me to a shop and trade in the bay area

A shop for what specifically? Tuning? General mechanical?

You might try Subaru Service and Performance - Garage One Subaru Workshop for general stuff. Never been myself but they returned correspondence quickly and are well reviewed.

Also, the following is a list of shops from the BAIC over on NASIOC:

LIC Motorsports | Subaru service and repair serving Marin and Sonoma counties
    Equilibrium Tuning, Inc.
    www.gstmotorsports.com
    Welcome to Speed Element Performance
    FW Motorsports - Your Subaru/Import Service and Performance Center

Hope one of these is what you are looking for.

Regarding a meet in the new year, yes, lets do it! I'm free most Sunday-Tuesdays. And almost every evening.

evenings are the best time for me as my work schedule is kind of weird I get Wednesdays and Thursdays off rather then the weekends.

and I should have been a little more specific when I said shop and trade I apologize. What I meant was a shop and trade specific section of the forum where others can post parts they would like to trade/sell/buy.

but you did answer another one of my questions in the process so thank you!

Excellent!

Check out ClubWRX.net Marketplace

And we can start raising awareness/interest in a meet and get one going!

Sup guys,

just got my WRX.. lookin to meet some cool folks and pick your brains about the car and ideas.. would love to do a run as well. would love to join if it ain't exclusive or somethin

Ive been doing some runs up Highway 9 with some buddies lately its an awesome road especially if you have a subie

Hwy 9 is great. Just be careful of cyclists. Skyline Drive is also a really nice drive. Or old Santa Cruz Highway. But on Old SC you need to watch out for people pulling out, cyclists, and pedestrians or even wildlife. All three roads are very pretty though. And have nice twisties.

I love the sign at the beginning of Hwy 9 in SC that shows the twisties and says "Next 26 Miles." Been meaning to take a picture of that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast