Track Time

This is a discussion on Track Time within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Having come from a FF, stage 1 NA (base 163HP; never dynoed after modding) and upgraded suspension (independent front; torsion ...

Track Time

Having come from a FF, stage 1 NA (base 163HP; never dynoed after modding) and upgraded suspension (independent front; torsion beam rear), I now feel like I am mostly incapable or completely ignorant of what my '13 WRX hatch can really do. Granted, I'm only about 800 miles in but intend on finishing my break in over the next couple days and want to push the car (and myself) so that I know what it and I am capable of in it. The suspension feels soft and body roll seems excessive to me. However, the same amount of looseness/body roll on my AWD should be able to hold on much better than the FF ever could. So, I can handle things as well as my old little FF could but am not comfortable pushing much harder; 115k miles on the FF have me pretty well conditioned for the way it handled

TL;DR: Any recommendations on where to go (tracks/parking lots with no one around/dirt lots?) in the greater Silicon Valley area to get some time and space to test out what I and my car can do?

Sears Point and Laguna Seca are both relatively close to where I live and I have already looked into pro day schools there. But at $1000+/day, it'll be a little bit until I can get some professional training.

Maybe this needs to be moved to/x-post into Suspension?

Edit: Think I found what I was looking for: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1548
    Last edited by Zataks; 08-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.