Subaru WRX Forum banner

Subaru mechanics / Tuners in Tucson?

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  matsayz 
#1 ·
New to area. Are there any respectable private Subaru mechanics / pro tuners in Tucson? Any experiences with local Subaru dealer on Speedway? Much appreciated!

#2 ·
I don't know anything specific but have you tried going to the Cobb website and checking their official tuner page? I know when I was looking to get my wifes '08 GTI tuned the tuners were up in the Phoenix area. I know it's a long drive on a crappy I-10 but it might be worth it.

Also right before we moved to Vegas there was a tuning shop that opened up on the South side of Rita Ranch... Not sure if he has a dyno or anything I just barely stuck my head in before we moved.

For mechanics, I only used Micro Imports for my Nissan Xterra and my wifes GTI and they were great everytime Tucson Auto Repair - Home | Micro Import Service

Good luck!

#3 ·
i think cobb has one in phoenix. i used to live in tucson if that counts...i dont recommend anywhere in tucson, theyre kind of sketchy and more for your money instead of the customer due to it being a high military area.

#4 ·
I looked on the Cobb site and Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale looks to be the place to go for tunes. If I do a Stage 2, I will suffer and get on I-10 and pray I do not get a stone off the windshield. Do you remember the name of the place near Rita Ranch? I have found a Subaru tuner that used to be in Tucson with a dyno, etc. and when the recession hit they closed shop and went internet. I think they moved to Colorado, but they mentioned they can do installs at a local friends shop? Will look at Micro Import Service. Thanks for the tips!

#5 ·
It was Rita Ranch road and Old Vail road. Just go behind the corner lot(NE corner) there, there were some like "industrial buildings" and it was on a dead-end. Try looking it up on a Honda forum or something in the regional forums. or maybe the AZawd website has some info. I'll try to look more when I get home. Who knows if it's still there, I left Tucson about 1.5years ago. Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.