moving from new york and COBB access port

This is a discussion on moving from new york and COBB access port within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; im moving form new york to long beach in a couple weeks. i have an AEM CAI and a COBB ...

moving from new york and COBB access port

im moving form new york to long beach in a couple weeks. i have an AEM CAI and a COBB cat back and a COBB 93 octane map.i now how i have to put he EPU back to stock settings would i pass teh smog test with those mods?
    I also learned while playing around at my local garage with my COBB Access Port if you uninstall the performance map but the EPU back to stock settings and use the access port to but the computer in the pre-made COBB economy mode your emissions drop could this help me p[ass and you al too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What emissions testing are you looking at? OBDII would not be impacted by a reflash.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

well first off i not entirely sure how the smog test is done in CA. i know using the economy map isnt a facade when checking the OBD for emission it will actually show lower coming out based on the computer readings. and if something is hooked to the tail pipe it will read lower too.
    bi with th computer change put aside would a 06 WRX tr pass the smog with a COBB cat bac and an AEM CAI? my stock CAT/down pipe is still installed.

I don't fully know how CA works with emissions, but I know it sucks. You'll need a 91 map won't you?

Also, I believe AEM CAIs are CARB exempt or whatever and should have a certificate. So you should be fine with that. If you haven't modified the cats, I think you'd be ok in this case. You're only at Stage 1 technically.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i can remove the map (new york has 93 octane so i use the 93) entirely and reset back to stock settings because i own the access port s thats not an issue.
    the 2006 AEM is is actually not CARB certified nor is the COBB catback but..

how long is it between smog checks because i still have the stock intake and exhaust and to switch them both out would take only about 45 min combined literally the most difficult (i have all teh room needed to do this) thing is putting the car up on the ramps and jack stands, so if there is a decent amount of time (year or more) between smog checks i am willing to take the 45 min to swap out back to stock just for the test and then switch back after, i would find that fun.

so is that worth it?