Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

950K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#16,497 ·
JULY 19th Saturday
Bolsa Chica (just south of Warner & PCH) Grill starts @ 4:00pm

-- WRX13oy
-- ansonowicz
-- Z3r0 (after work)
-- Stussysport

I've already signed you guys up. Since it's a saturday, I'll be available to grab the pit early & hang out there all day & burn to a crisp. I'll start grilling around 4pm?

We'll need an EZ-UP, camp chairs? plastic cups to hide our other beverages.

Menu:

1) Korean Spare Ribs
2) Chicken
2) Links (bratwurst, hot dogs, etc & burgers)
3) Corn
4) Watermelon

thank you, please advise if you have any ideas or suggestions.

#16,505 ·
boooo!!! :baaa:

ohh the food sounds yummy!!! :) i will see whats up during that weekend i hope i have no midterms to study for lolol....
u dont.... :)

Hey If You Guys Have Some Phone Numbers Of The Other F4 Guys That Dont Post Often, Give 'em A Call And Let Them Know About Our Upcoming Bbq.
yeah.... beach bbq! gus is gonna go from :) to :cool: to :unhappy: to :mad:

:rotfl:

#16,503 ·
ohh the food sounds yummy!!! :) i will see whats up during that weekend i hope i have no midterms to study for lolol....

#16,504 ·
Hey If You Guys Have Some Phone Numbers Of The Other F4 Guys That Dont Post Often, Give 'em A Call And Let Them Know About Our Upcoming Bbq.

#16,510 ·
Seems to be a new-ish crowd going. Hopefully a rebirth? either way, I have access to very large banner printers. dont' worry about it too much if you can't get a hold of him in any timely manner.

thejenk said:
i know this is probobaly a stupid question, but how can i join up? im in riverside....
it's more about comradery, show up to a few meets. understandable if you're a bit shy but we all were at one point. show up, hang out a bit and have a good time. the more we see your face and start to know you a bit. Kinda like a relationship with a group. There's no real "requirement' to get into a relationship, right? same here. it either works, or it works slowly. either way, no need to feel intimdated....we're all just a good group of guys (and gals)

#16,537 ·
so on a side note.... anyone wanna come out to the cal poly meet friday (7/11)?

i know some of you do? :wiggles:
If the ride wasn't in storage I'd be there

#16,544 ·
well the next Flat4 meet is the Bolsa Chica BBQ on the 19th

and if u wanna come, the Cal Poly meet is this Friday on the 11th :wiggles:

:barf: <--- haha just wanted to use that :D

#16,548 ·
PIX please. i'm interested, doens't mean i can afford it though.

by the way, i finally detailed the wagon:

BEFORE

AFTER:

It was about 6 hours of work between myself and friend. He was the mastermind while I did the labor. If you want your sh!t to shine, let me know.

#16,549 ·
holy shh*****************T!! that looks freakin amazing!

so break it down... what did u do start to finish?? im thinkin my car needs a nice good long detail as well. and since i have the OBP too, i dont wanna get swirls like u had. haha

oh yeah.. did u get the water outta ur driver-side tail light? i cant tell

#16,550 ·
Looks much better in person. my friend is a horrible photographer despite his fancy hardware

1. wash & rinse
2. wash & clay
3. wash & clay again
4. Mequiars M83 dual action polish (using commercial grade buffer) 2 coats
5. Mequiars M80 speed glaze (a finer polish)
6. wash
7. wash & clay
8. Mequiars tech wax
9. I waxed again the next day (no pics of that, even shinier)
10. i folloup everyday with Mequiars Speed Detailer

it was well worth it. As for the water, i dismantled the lights, poured water out and left in 175F oven to dry up. water is out, but there's some funky growth at the bottom.

So now i'm still missing sideskirt (going to pickup in norcal from white 07 wagon), and jacked up front bumper.

#16,553 ·
microfiber. after all those trips to el mirage, norcal, etc i got a lot of layers on the car. so for my car it was necessary. I kept claying until it was smooth to touch.

remember, i have an 06 wagon and just clocked 83k miles. this is the first waxing i've ever done :tongue:

#16,559 ·
^yeah.... me too. i could improve on my photo skills if i had a better camera. i cant do much with my canon point n shoot.

BUMP for BBQ!!

and Bump for Cal poly meet this FRidaY!

1. Z3RO #00
2. Boarder4life2112 #26
3. StuSSYsporT #25

anyone else?? :sadwave:

#16,560 ·
illl probably come to the meet or at least swing by this time since i got some time to spare hehe and the BBQ i think i will make it as long as something does not come up LOL....